Problem setting exclusion in NIS 2011

Aloha,

I'm trying to set the exclusions for Malwarebytes Pro in Norton Internet Security 18.6.0.29 (I think this is NIS 2011). I've followed the procedure listed in this post. But when I get to the part where I need to exclude C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mbam.sys and mbamswissarmy.sys, I don't see them listed in the drivers directory in Norton. They are there when I look at drivers in Windows Explorer. I've set the system to show hidden files, and system files. I even tried typing in the full path and file name with no luck. What's really strange is that Norton only shows about 6 files in the drivers directory. I realize this is most likely a NIS problem, but I thought I'd check here and see if anyone else has seen this and come up with a way to fix it.

This is a Windows 7 64-bit system.

Mahalo! (Thank You!)

Harry Z.

This is happening because of x64 folder redirection. The folder that Norton thinks is System32\drivers is in reality SysWOW64\drivers, that's why you don't see the files. It shouldn't be an issue though, as generally, excluding just Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's executables (mbam.exe, mbamgui.exe and mbamservice.exe) is enough to resolve potential conflicts or performance issues.

This is happening because of x64 folder redirection. The folder that Norton thinks is System32\drivers is in reality SysWOW64\drivers, that's why you don't see the files. It shouldn't be an issue though, as generally, excluding just Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's executables (mbam.exe, mbamgui.exe and mbamservice.exe) is enough to resolve potential conflicts or performance issues.

Mahalo! (Thank You!) Can you please add this to the FAQ so other folks don't trip over it like I did.