Defaults

Not sure if this is the quickest way but the steps below will do the trick....

Please do the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

• Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Not sure if this is the quickest way but the steps below will do the trick....

Please do the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

• Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Thanks for the quick reply. That's done. I'm trialling MWB Pro with MSE v4 Beta. By way of a test, I have not disabled or created any exclusions for MWB in MSE and so far I've had no problem. We'll see if the exclusions are still necessary with the MSE Beta. Are you aware of anyone else who's tried the two together?

I have not tested the beta versions, and I do use the combination of MSE and Malwarebytes Pro on many computers. Some computers need the exclusions and others don't. To be on the safe side, I always put the exclusion as a pro active measure, that way the computer does not lock up later and the user will not call me back...

I have not tested the beta versions, and I do use the combination of MSE and Malwarebytes Pro on many computers. Some computers need the exclusions and others don't. To be on the safe side, I always put the exclusion as a pro active measure, that way the computer does not lock up later and the user will not call me back...

Thanks for the advice. I've added the exclusions as per the FAQ. Incidentally, the reason I'm trying this is that, frankly, I'm fed up with the hype from the major AV vendors and trying a layered approach with MSE (which although basic, appears reasonably thorough as an AV) + MWB which inevitably is recommended at least as a scanner / removal tool for people to use when their AV software fails to stop something! So, I hope I'm taking a 'belt & braces' approach without damaging my PC's performance. Hope I'm making the right move...

Oh I am quite certain its the right move. MSE is a good product and together with the PRO version of Malwarebytes it should perform great and help you from getting infected. That being said, keep in mind that no one product is 100% effective and that viruses and malware are changing everyday, so its hard to keep up with them. Malwarebytes heuristics seems to do a great job with this though.