[SOLVED] IE11 & MS Office don't open after Windows 8.1 Update

NADight

I also lost the ability to open IE11 without disabling anti-exploit protection when I installed windows 8.1 update today.

Tried the 10.3.0100 release above and it also did not work.

This was a huge headache to find and isolate the problem to anti-exploit beta and I suggest you make an announcement about it.

Yes I have been following his Topic however my specific issue just 'developed after today MS update' (Patch Tuesday) and the major update to W8.1

This is not associated with EMET and all was running fine immediately prior to MS updates.

Not sure if it's related to the W8.1.1 major update or just the security update to IE11

I noticed some additional blocking of IE 11 after the W8.1 update.  Excluding the ROP mitigations in EMET 5.0 TP was not sufficient for IE 11 to open with MBAE protection enabled.  In fact IE 11 will not even open whereas before the W8.1 update it would open and freeze with MBAE protection enabled and EMET 5.0 TP.

So I think at this point there is another conflict between IE 11 and MBAE besides EMET 5.0 TP.

I don't use any of the Microsoft Office products so I can't speak to that.

Another person reported the same in Nesivios' thread on EMET and MBAE about Win 8.1 Update 1 causing this.  I'm installing the update and will see if it happens over here or not.

W8.1 update made it worse.  Before the update u could set exceptions EMET 5.0 TP.  Since the update the IE 11 will not work even with the ROP exceptions.  Firefox works fine.   I think the W8.1 update changed something in Windows 8.1 security.

Yes that seems to be the case. I´ve been searching around but have not found writeups about it in the MSFT pages.

I am inquiring with some Microsoft sources I have previously communicted with.  I will get back with a response if they have anything to say to me :)  on the subject.