How to remove 2 pesty .dll error msgs on startup?

PattiNS

Hello, I'm new to this forum, a real newbie.

In past 2 days, after discovering my laptop PC was infected by tons of unwanted popup ads (and notified by my AVG antivirus software), I contacted Microsoft, spoke with a tech in India, who assisted me in their removals from my PC. And, he downloaded the malware software (and I also downloaded Spybot S&D) to aid in their removals.

So far, so good - right?

Well... almost right. I was referred to this forum by 1 of the MS tech staff via 1 of their forums, so here goes. *After* all the malware was removed (I recall the Vundo, San Juan and MS firewall-bypass as main culprits - forgive any typos!), I find that I am now "stuck" with the following 2 (simultaneously appearing) error messages just after I startup or reboot:

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\kiramega.dll

The specified module could not be found

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\falolofu.dll

The specified module could not be found

Any workaround on this (and steps, in laymen's language) that I could follow would be appreciated. And, the tech at MS newsgroup believes that the malware is not completely removed, but I am scared stiff to try to do *anything* with my PC registry and/or whatever would disable it.

Many thanks to those who could give some insight to this scenario for me!

• Root Admin

Please note the Holidays are here and I may be unavailable for a few days or more.

Please be patient, I've not forgotten you and will resume assistance when I return

Many of the other helpers are also visiting Family and Friends so please be patient.

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Please read and follow the instructions provided here: Pre- HJT Post Instructions

When ready please post your logs here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

Someone will be happy to assist you further with cleaning your system.

During this scan and cleanup process you should not install any other software unless requested to do so.