Unbiased evaluations?

I'm looking for links to non-commercial and unbiased evaluations of antimalware products.

Fully realizing that all of us in this business have some pretty strongly held opinions, I want to be able to document (link to) supporting information that shows how effective MBAM is at preventing infections - as compared to the competition.

Thanks,

OM

While I know of no "official" comparison tests, there is a site called Malware Research Group that has been doing comparison tests for some time now, that often include Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in their test lineup. They actually use pretty sound means of testing, by actually grabbing live, active samples from the internet instead of using old samples from weeks, months or even years prior to the test (which is what many comparison sites actually do, which can give you a false sense of security, as given enough time, pretty much every vendor will have infections of a certain age covered, most of which won't even be found in the wild any more, meaning you can no longer actually get infected by them).

The page containing their most recent test can be found here and their archive of previous tests can be found here.

From my perspective, the combination of MBAM (PRO) and MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) has been an out of the park homerun.

I've been loading that combination on my customer's computers since about January 2010 and not one system has been re-infected.

These are all home users - mostly retired folks - with very low levels of IT knowledge and they need something simple and automatic. I also put in a small Linksys/Netgear router, modify the HOSTS file (MVPS.org), and change the default cookie settings in IE.

I saw an article on another forum that was highly complimentary of MBAM - and something you might want to check out:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/A_1958.html

Thanks again.