Pro Version Update Drama

MBAM Sellers, have you experienced problems with auto updates with your clients?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First let me just say that imo MBAM is the single best security tool I've found in 18 years of professional PC service. And the company that makes it is admirable rather than contemptible like so many others.

I consider MBAM the most vital part of the basic security package I recommend for most of my clients. And I have sold about a thousand licenses in the last year or so.

Plus it just seemed to keep getting better!

All the being said, there is one major problem which really needs fixed.

I'm seeing many computers that I've setup MBAM Pro on, coming back to my shop with their MBAM software and definitions being many months out of date. The auto-update is breaking and not working again until someone manually opens the program and checks for updates. Frequently, if you right click on the tray icon, it will check for updates to definitions and SAY that it's getting the program update, but won't actually DO the program update unless you open the main interface and initiate an update from in there, then reboot and do it AGAIN.

Another example is: Is several months ago there was an MBAM program update that removed update events from peoples schedules. So after the program auto updated that day, it would never auto update again unless the user went in and re-added an update event to the scheduler.

This is a big problem because users have no indication their MBAM stopped updating six months ago and they end up infected and standing at my counter saying "you set up my security and now I'm infected!".

I think the quickest workaround would be to add update status alerts, every time the tray icon loads make it check with the server as to whether both the program and definitions are up to date and notify the user, at least then they'd know something needs done. And then devote some resources to making a more robust updater as it becomes possible.

Any response to these issues would be much appreciated; and thanks again for the excellent product!