'XP Anti-Virus" - Realtime protection

For real time protection against viruses, I'm using Avira AntiVir Personal - Free AntiVirus.

Since XP Anti-Virus 2011 is the mal-ware that was eliminated by Malware Bytes, I'm not sure if it's considered spyware or a virus.

In any case, Malware Bytes is what removed it from my system as per many removal instructions found on the internet.

I know I may encounter other spyware or malware in the future but I just wanted a definitive answer about real time protection against XP Anti-Virus 2011. Sorry for the long winded clarification but I wanted to be precise in what I was asking.

Malwarebytes is designed to catch what your anti-virus fails to detect, this is why its a good idea to run the pro version of Malwarebytes along side your antivirus software.

Yes Malwarebytes PRO will protect you from XP Anti-Virus 2011. Keep in mind that the malware developers (evil guys) morph their infections into different names and are always changing. The folks at Malwarebytes (the good guys) do their best in keeping it updated to detect all the threats they know about. They also have a great group of hunters as well as volunteers that submit samples daily to combat all the new stuff coming out, this is why they have updates very regularly as many as 5 to 8 times a day.