Skipping Registry?

Hello I recently opened an email that I thought was from my sister and it ended up being a virus that acted like an antivirus company. I couldn't get it to go away even after I restarted my computer so I ended pushing ok but I then took the internet cord off. Now whenever I try to run malwarebytes it skips from 1000 things checked to 30,000. Not checking any of the HKEY's and I know for a fact it used to and that was where it would find any virus I have had which isn't often. I'm thinking it's the virus that is keeping all of my virus scanners from finding the virus. I have done a system recovery and the only reason I know the virus is still there is because the registry keys are skipped every time and my active scanning is continuously shut off right after I reactivate it. So if there is any advice I can get on how to fix my problem I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Hello, and Welcome to Malwarebytes

If you think you are infected, here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

[*]Option 1