Help virus shut off avg, sound and other programs

ok i need help like super badly. 3 days ago i noticed that little shield at the bottom of the windows menu tray had turned red with a x and that my avg 2011 had an ! mark in it and about 4 of the components were shut off. so i updated over and over again but it wouldnt work. so i tried to system restore the computer to 4 earlier days and it wouldnt let me at all. so then my friend said try a firewall called zoomalarm. i had it on for a day but had to take it off. well when i rebooted i noticed my avg had fixed itself somehow. but then i noticed windows on my computer had looked different. the start menu tray at the bottom was thinner. the start button had changed color. when i go to my documents, the side menu at the left had changed as well. instead of one long bar with the links and info in it, it was separated into 3 smaller boxes. and i had lost all sound on my computer. when i went to realtek to test the speakers they were fine. but every program i tried to use, windows movie maker, even went to the audio and sound folder in control panel and it said there was no sound no where on my computer. also i share this computer and when i go in regular mode, only my name and my friends name come up and it is only when i am in safemode that both names come up along with the administrator login. but when i go to reg mode all me user names come up which it has never done that before. so then my computer finally let me do system restore. and my sound was back and windows looked normal. and it was fine for a whole day, until i logged off for a few hours and back on. and when i logged back on, the same problem happened. the strange login, windows changed and all the sound is gone off my computer. also it has taken over my avg. when i go there the whole thing is blank. it wont scan or nothing cuz not links come up or buttons not even words. can someone please help me. i have hijackthis and will send my log when asked.