I cannot open or uninstall Malwarebytes

Hello and welcome, barncluith:

First: please be sure that you have given all the MBAM processes the full permissions and exclusions in your AV and firewall.

The precise steps to follow depend on your OS and on the brand/version of your AV and FW.

A brief listing is included here: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138

Then, if that doesn't help, please see the "Second" option described in post #2 by Firefox here: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=64266

Please post back and let us know if that helps.

If it doesn't, please also include your OS (and whether it's 32-bit or 64-bit), and the brand & version of your AV and FW in your next post. (It may be that doing a clean reinstall of MBAM will resolve it.)

We will see if any of the mods/admins/experts have some additional suggestions.

Thanks!

daledoc1

PS If you search the forums here, you'll find many threads on this topic. One of them might provide information about your specific issue/resolution.

Thank you for your resonse. When I was directed to exclude paths / files in my AV I was told to exclude "mbam.sys" in my System32 driver folder. When I opend this folder I could only find "mbamswissarmy". This looks like a virus which my AV scan did not identify. Can I repair it?