Items found in scan

I installed a program called Captain Optimizer on Friday and I've had all kinds of little glitches ever since.

On the Malwarebytes scan I had 4 registry data items found. As far as I can see they weren't actually infections. I deleted them.

I have attached a screen shot of the scan results.

On the log after the scan it showed:

Registry Data Items Infected:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: ("%1" %*) -> No action taken.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\comfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: ("%1" %*) -> No action taken.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\piffile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: ("%1" %*) -> No action taken.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\scrfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: ("%1" /S) -> No action taken.

On the log after the scan it showed:

Registry Data Items Infected:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: ("%1" %*) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\comfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: ("%1" %*) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\piffile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: ("%1" %*) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\scrfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: ("%1" /S) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

I never have Malwarebytes run at startup. After I restarted I got that little item in the taskbar telling me that Windows had blocked some programs from starting and Malwarebytes was the program.

I believe I am going to do a system restore to before I installed this Captain Optimizer and ran it, but in the meantime can you give me any advice as to the things that happened as stated above? It would be appreciated.

mbam-log-2011-02-27 (04-21-34).txt

Hello and :)

I am not on the Malwarebytes staff but if I am wrong they are free to correct me....

It seems that something had made changes to the way notepad works on your computer, it could have been the program you installed. It is OK to quarantine the items...

As for the Malwarebytes asking for permission to run after the restart, this is normal behavior, it is just asking for permission to continue the cleanup process. (this should only happen one time after a cleanup).

Hope this answers your question.

I didn't mean to post twice. I had a problem with the attachment and messed up. Sorry.post-22338-0-33894800-1298842279.jpg

I did not quarantine the items; I removed them.

I'm still getting this constant pop up from WinPatrol, see attached. I click "No" but it just keeps coming back. So you know what I can do about it?

Hello and :lol:

I am not on the Malwarebytes staff but if I am wrong they are free to correct me....

It seems that something had made changes to the way notepad works on your computer, it could have been the program you installed. It is OK to quarantine the items...

As for the Malwarebytes asking for permission to run after the restart, this is normal behavior, it is just asking for permission to continue the cleanup process. (this should only happen one time after a cleanup).

Hope this answers your question.

I am not too familiar with Winpatrol as I do not use it....

If it is an infection trying to change these items then it is best to seek help from the experts to look over your logs and see if there is something else that is causing these changes.

Just as well someone else may swing by and post on your issue should they be familiar with this topic.

In the meantime....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

[*]Option 1