Registration Problem

Hi Everyone, New Member.

I have been using Malwarebytes for quite awhile now, normally do a quick scan which takes about 5 minutes. I have the latest updates as of today and Version 1.30.

I am using IE7 SP3 fully updated and Firefox Browser 99% of the time, also have SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, SUPERAntiSpyware Paid Version, Avast Home, and Online Armor Paid Version.

Yesterday I Purchased Malwarebytes to run in realtime, however I pull up the Protection, Registration and copy and paste my ID and Reg. Key into Reg. and when I push to Register, I get an Invalid ID or Key??? Anyone have this problem??? Just wondered if Malwarebytes plays well with my other programs listed above. I emailed Customer Service, but have not heard back as yet. :D

I keep this PC as clean as possible being an active member of several Security Sites, CNet and CoU are two of them.

Any help would be appreciated. :D

Larry

• Root Admin

Hi Larry,

Not sure why the cause but I think Marcin is traveling now or soon and so I'm sure he is a bit behind on mail. Please send another email just in case and give him maybe a couple days to respond once he catches up some.

However please note that you should not be running 2 different programs with live protection, you said you're using SAS as one already, so you should choose one or the other to be live and use the other as On Demand.

There were reports of the support email failing yesterday for some reason also. One email will be enough Marcin is not without access and will be checking in. You might have to manually type the key etc in also, I've had this be a problem when pasting in other apps.

Hi Larry,

Not sure why the cause but I think Marcin is traveling now or soon and so I'm sure he is a bit behind on mail. Please send another email just in case and give him maybe a couple days to respond once he catches up some.

However please note that you should not be running 2 different programs with live protection, you said you're using SAS as one already, so you should choose one or the other to be live and use the other as On Demand.

Maybe I am wrong, but it is my understanding that it is ok to run more than one Anti-Spyware program, but only one Anti-Virus program, and one Firewall + my ISP router for DSL.

Larry

There were reports of the support email failing yesterday for some reason also. One email will be enough Marcin is not without access and will be checking in. You might have to manually type the key etc in also, I've had this be a problem when pasting in other apps.

Hi Jean

I just tried typing the ID and Key in manual, no luck. Speaking of emails, I have received 14 welcome emails so far. all identical to the first one when I registered for the paid version. Something must be broke. :D

Larry

I'm sorry Larry, this is not the norm for our customer service. I am trying to get someone to address this ASAP.

Thank You Jean. I didn't think this was normal, I'm sure the problem will be taken care of in a reasonable amount of time. :D

It's been confirmed by the server crew that you are not getting the emails from here. I suspect you bought a pirated copy and they are spamming you and of course this is why you can't register. Please PM me with as many details as you have about your purchase and the email.

I need to know where you bought the program. Please post the link to where you got the version you are using and a copy of the email.

Hi Again Jean.

After I emailed you awhile ago, I uninstalled MBAM and ran CCleaner then downloaded a fresh install of MBAM from the top of these forums. I put in the Registration ID and Key, just like I had been doing and it worked. Strange?? So now I have the protection module running in realtime, so all is well!!!

Thanks a million for your help, I really do appreciate it, and I'm sure glad the problem was not what we thought.

it was.

Will let you know which program I prefer MBAM or SAS.

Thanks Again.

Here is a copy of my log.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.30

Database version: 1421

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

11/24/2008 4:35:40 PM

mbam-log-2008-11-24 (16-35-40).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 52660

Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 25 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0