Malwarebytes Hang during install - won't uninstall

Hi there,

I'm having some problems with brastk/Karna malware on my PC. A friens reccomended your product so I downloaded it onto a cd and tried to install. When thi failed I renamed the installer and it started to install. It was fine for the entirelenght the install timer bar but then stalled at the very end for about 15 mins. In the end I had to switch off the PC - when I rebooted it seemed as if it had installed OK, I had the shortcut on the desktop and it was in my prgramme files. When I run it it does absolutely nothing - I read that the malware can cause this so tried it in safe mode but with no luck. I then tried to uninstall it but after confirming that I want to uninstall nothing happens - it hangs again.

I was just wondering if other people have had this problem and what I can do to try and fix it?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I'm having some problems with brastk/Karna malware on my PC. A friens reccomended your product so I downloaded it onto a cd and tried to install. When thi failed I renamed the installer and it started to install. It was fine for the entirelenght the install timer bar but then stalled at the very end for about 15 mins. In the end I had to switch off the PC - when I rebooted it seemed as if it had installed OK, I had the shortcut on the desktop and it was in my prgramme files. When I run it it does absolutely nothing - I read that the malware can cause this so tried it in safe mode but with no luck. I then tried to uninstall it but after confirming that I want to uninstall nothing happens - it hangs again.

I was just wondering if other people have had this problem and what I can do to try and fix it?

Thanks!

Hi.

I too have the same problem.But its more complicated.

Antivirus Pro 2009 is popping up.cannot install Malwarebytes.Hangs in Install and takes a long time to finish and once done cannot open it.

Tried to goto other security related websites and got a page cannot be displayed.I have internet access though, i can goto yahoo and google with out problem.

Same in safemode as well.

Tried to download Malwarebytes from another computer and install it on this one.Buth that didnt help either.

i appreciate any help in this.

• Root Admin

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Try renaming the installer to a different unique name. If it can install, then rename the executable file to a unique name as well and try running it then.

IF you still can not run it let us know and try to follow the directions here as best you can and we'll try to get you going.

Please read and follow the instructions provided here as best you can: Pre- HJT Post Instructions

When ready please post your logs here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

Someone will be happy to assist you further with cleaning your system.

During this scan and cleanup process you should not install any other software unless requested to do so.

Guys i found the SOLUTION:

goto start>control panel>system>hardware>device manager.

Here click on view amd select show hidden drivers.

Now goto non plug and play drivers you will see some thing like TDSSserv.sys.right click on it and disable it.Restart computer.

Now download and save the Mbam-setup but dont run it before renaming it to something u like.

Now double click on it and install the program.Run a scan. should be OK.

Thanks a lot for your assistance though.

• Root Admin

Now goto non plug and play drivers you will see some thing like TDSSserv.sys.right click on it and disable it.Restart computer.

Now download and save the Mbam-setup but dont run it before renaming it to something u like.

Excellent - thanks for the tip. Without actually having the infection it's difficult to locate where and how these items show up.

If that works out for others I'll add that as part of my replies.

Thanks again.

I just want to second this solution, renaming the install file did not work, but removing this device manager did. My problem was also with Antiviruspro2009, though I suspect that was piggybacking on something else...