Remove Threats without Admin?

I see that mbam.exe is setup to prompt for admin rights from admins, but not prompt regular users (aka Internally manifested "highestAvailable").

From reading the forums I can see that admin rights are required to update the product.

However, I couldn't find anything about whether non-admin accounts can remove threats.

Thanks for any insight.

I guess I should qualify my question. I understand that it would be able to remove threats from say documents the user owns, but what about from folders the user does not have permissions to? Maybe a threat introduced by someone who does have admin having used the machine?

I guess I'm trying to understand what the implied scope of "scan and removal" efforts is for each user type?

Hello and :blink:

Admin rights are required to remove all threats.

Malwarebytes will scan all folders for all users and remove the threats, the only thing it would not be able to scan is the registrty key for that user (IE: HKCU). But even though it does not get the enteries in the key, the keys would no longer be valid and it would not infect the computer because the files that were infected were already removed.

You could always log in as the other users and then right click on the Malwarebytes Icon and select Run as Administrator to clean those leftover keys.