Section A Solution 17 Encoding After Naming File

*waves* Hello to anyone who happens by and THANK YOU if you are willing and patient enough to help me. No time to post a proper intro at this time due to frustration level ~EXTREME~ but my screen name pretty much sums up my computer savvy. I'm actually Blonde but only fit the stereotype at this level...I think. :D I hope.

Question:

Following the directions in Section A of Common Problems, Solution #17, after naming the file, MBAM Fix.bat, what was the original encoding? My menu would not allow me to save the original on my desktop. Instead of thinking it through and looking for the original file so I could send it from where ever it was sucked into, I tried to save the file a second time. I noticed the encoding changed to ANSI and the other options in the drop down menu did not look like the original and that there were now two MBAM files (where there were none a second ago) in 'My Documents' folder. Suspicious, I was prompted with a "Text in file has changed. Do you want to save the changes?" I think I clicked "no" before I cancelled and deleted the second file.

Then, I highlighted and tried to send the original file to the desktop from My Documents but the drop down menu would not let me. My brain is stuck in The Land of the Lost and I cannot for the life of me remember how else to do it. I will search for the original file and try to place it on my desktop but (here comes the question that makes your eyes roll) does it have to be launched from the desktop? How can I verify if it is correct or not?

Confused yet?

I will follow the directions to the best of my ability and hopefully not screw this up...any further.

Maybe this will help others challenged in the area of impulsivity and

too quick to for their own good from making the same mistake.

I'm even afraid to use spellcheck here because EVERYTHING is being redirected. So, pardon the misspellings.

I'm tired of struggling with this redirect issue. Nothing is what it seems and I wish the people that waste their time (and everyone elses) making malicious software and false web pages would try to solve the renewable energy, pollution, homelessness, hunger, and health issues of the world. We might actually have tangable solutions, especially if you lot didn't have to spend your time cleaning up, or helping others clean up these messes. You could use your superior brains for other things and be heroes of a different sort!

Fingers crossed that this works or that a hero will help me if I can't save myself.

~Deb

• Root Admin

Hello , and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Hello , and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Wow! That was quick.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I will follow your instructions as soon as I return from running errands.

Should I feel guilty for not buying the product? Well, I do. If I purchase the complete program, will I incur additional costs for your expertise or that of anyone else?

Again, thanks for your quick attention to my plight. :blink:

~Deb

Hi Deb,

I still don't see any posts in the HJT forum from you. Are you all set now or did you still need some help?

Aw, you are too good to be true.

Honestly? I think I'm in worse shape now and suspect this was unleashed by a rouge Bit Defender trial download.

Sorry for my lack of immediate follow-up. Life is a series of sidetracks these days.

I'll go ahead and post at the link you provided. Wasn't sure if I should link back to this post. I'll wing it. I'm sure someone will steer me in the right direction.

Thanks again,

~Deb