dvd malwarebytes

I have used malwarebytes and thought it was great. Noticed that it is offered as a dvd for about $25 on a few sites.

Think it would make a nice gift for an older couple living in the neighborhood who sometimes ask my husband for

assistance w/their computer. Does anyone know if this dvd can be used for more than one computer. (I know some

of the anti-virus packages allow from 1-3 computers) Can't seem to find this info an the specs. Thanks Elizabeth

The license fee is for lifetime, but only for 1 machine.

However, there is discount pricing for multiple licenses.

https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?scope=c...&cart=29945

If you change from 1 to more than 1 copy in the quantity box and then click the update icon next to it, it will automatically update to the discounted multiple price.

Not sure why one would purchase a DVD (or from what source), as it is likely to be an outdated version.

Better to download from the official site (one of several mirror sites, being sure NOT to click on any of the ads on these sites for other products).

In fact, I'm not even sure MBAM sells its products as a DVD? (I could be wrong about this, as I recall they recently expanded their retail offerings.)

Here is the official site:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Perhaps someone from MBAM will weigh in on this with more "official" advice.

I think it's a REALLY nice & thoughtful idea for you to gift those neighbors with MBAM -- just please be sure you are buying a legitimate license from a trusted source. :D

Best regards,

daledoc1

No worries M8..... the more info we provide our members the better educated we all get....

Thanks all for the info Never thought of the "up to date" factor. I must admit, I'm not quite so thoughtful.

We had hoped that if they had the malwarebytes installed, then my husband wouldn't get a phone call

on a another ice storm day.....