Jan.2.2011 Norra's Logs

What problem is occurring?

I'm in a "log-in loop" on Some of my programs: I can't log-in to my work network (HPW) nor my Multiple Listing Service; but I can get into FaceBook and my Google home page. Those times I can't get in I enter my uname & psswd and the screen just refreshes blank. I asked my IT girl and she recommended dwnloading Malwarebytes onto a cd and then onto my computer. I couldn't find a cd so I used my memory stick. I was able to dwnld it, but there was a error message afterward; "Program_Error_Updating(122,0,MultibyteToWideChar) The data area passed to a system call is too small" then Malbytes Anti-Mal said "the database is outdated by 10 days. would you like to update now?" I said yes. I then performed a full scan and it found 0 infections.

I still can't log in to my work sites.

Yesterday I followed all the "I'm Infected..." instructions. Got the same error message "...system too small" and the database was outdated by 15 days. A quick scan reveled 0 infections.

My computer has gotten Very slow too.

Truely appreciate any help and advise you can offer sjpritch25!

Thank You!!

Download Combofix from this webpage: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

• When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" .

Note:

Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall

sj, I can't get my security to stop interferring w/ComboFix. CA Internet Security Suite won't uninstall & even tho Windows security shows my firewall & anti-virus as being Off, ComboFix still says it can't finish because of CA Security. I don't know what to do!

Thanks for Your help!

NorraLynn

Download Combofix from this webpage: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

• When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" .

Note:

Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall

CA uninstall goes thru the motions acting like it's uninstalling and after about 15% undone, it popped up a message that said it can't uninstall & I don't remember why ~I'm at work, not home so I can't try it and tell you exactly until later this evening....

sj, I can't get my security to stop interferring w/ComboFix. CA Internet Security Suite won't uninstall & even tho Windows security shows my firewall & anti-virus as being Off, ComboFix still says it can't finish because of CA Security. I don't know what to do!

Thanks for Your help!

NorraLynn

Thanks SJ!

Do you have a recommendation of free security once I get CA Security off?

CA uninstall goes thru the motions acting like it's uninstalling and after about 15% undone, it popped up a message that said it can't uninstall & I don't remember why ~I'm at work, not home so I can't try it and tell you exactly until later this evening....

Hi SJ,

The appremover couldn't. CA Security is stubborn! what's worse, my housemate installed MSE and I have Windows SC... so that's 3 security programs on my computer.... pretty sure that's not a good idea!

He did run windows OneCare Safty Scanner and I can now get into the programs I couldn't before, YEA!! Don't know what to do about the security programs though.

Thanks for your advise!!

Sincerely,

NorraLynn

Thanks SJ!

Do you have a recommendation of free security once I get CA Security off?

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!