Reindeer story

According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late

November to mid-December.

Female reindeer retain their antlers till after they give birth in the spring. Therefore, according to EVERY historical rendition depicting Santa's reindeer, EVERY single one of them, from Rudolph to Blitzen,

had to be a girl.

We should have known... ONLY women would be able to drag a fat man in a red velvet suit all around the world in one night and not get lost. ;)

Grace

@ Comprev: I thought it was hilarious. ;) Glad you enjoyed it.

As they say...laughter is the best medicine for what ails you. Whether it is boredom, having a bad day or an up day for that matter.

btw, thanks :)

:) I don't care who you are chubby, get those animals off my roof!

Speaking of a speaking reindeer _reindeer__by_MenInASuitcase.gif - Have you seen a fat old man with a white beard and a red outfit prancing around here??

Wayne; Do you get Discovery Channel at your location??

post-35425-1291793174_thumb.jpg

Starts Friday at 10PM Eastern.. previews looked good.. :)

~Steve

Speaking of a speaking reindeer _reindeer__by_MenInASuitcase.gif - Have you seen a fat old man with a white beard and a red outfit prancing around here??

Wayne; Do you get Discovery Channel at your location??

post-35425-1291793174_thumb.jpg

Starts Friday at 10PM Eastern.. previews looked good.. :)

~Steve

Hi Steve,

We get the Canuck version of discovery channel and it is not on yet. I have watched it online though.

They are saying that they must find gold to survive and that is/was true, however, the gold will come from what they make from the TV series :)

Really big bucks involved in that equipment and transportation so i suspect that the discovery channel fronted them the money as a guy who cannot afford gas for an airplane along with some peeps losing their homes (sad!) would no way be able to raise that kind of money. Although i may critique it i do enjoy the show.

Wayne

Hi Steve,

We get the Canuck version of discovery channel and it is not on yet. I have watched it online though.

They are saying that they must find gold to survive and that is/was true, however, the gold will come from what they make from the TV series :)

Really big bucks involved in that equipment and transportation so i suspect that the discovery channel fronted them the money as a guy who cannot afford gas for an airplane along with some peeps losing their homes (sad!) would no way be able to raise that kind of money. Although i may critique it i do enjoy the show.

Wayne

I've noticed a lot of my favorite shows are filmed in Vancouver (STARGATE; STARGATE ATLANTIS and STARGATE UNIVERSE -Maybe even SANCTUARY for Syfy) and the serious ones too.. always with the Canadian Film Art Credit (forget how it's worded) on the trailer.. Canada supports more scientific/serious shows than just about anybody else.

(OK - which reindeer was calling ME fat; Santa's got a fist sandwich, Free_Avatar___Santa_Dance_by_Emotik.gif for that "dear little" deer.. )

Oh yeah; no doubt about the production company fronting the $$$; they spends hundreds of thousands of dollars every year just on camera/audio/video equipment for ICE ROAD TRUCKERS, LOBSTERMEN, Deadliest Catch, Storm Chasers and more.. I think they said once it costs JUST a bit more than $100K a season just for Deadliest Catch as the cameras, cabling, etc were only good for one season in the sea water, ice and environment.

I can't wait for GOLD RUSH ALASKA to start here.. *grin*

~Steve

You can watch most of the first episode here Steve but they will cut it off after about 70 minutes without an account :)

http://www.megavideo.com/?d=FYAJPOBF

Thanks Wayne - I'll watch it ASAP.. Cool!

~Steve

EDIT: Mine only ran for 43 minutes Wayne which is about right as I had no commercials - it's cut for regular 60 minute TV with commercials. It looks like it MIGHT be interesting as they get on down to the mining part but mine ended with them onsite and the old man saying, "You're all millionaires; now all you have to do is dig it out." I'm not too sure any of them are wrapped too tight but time will tell. Thanks again for the link. :)

Edited by ShyWriter