New 1.50 Now Computer Wont Work

great, laptop installed the 1.50 and now wont work, freezes up instantly, somehow i managed to get it to work long enough to uninstall it

i am using the paid version, mb wont work on my office desk top or home desk top as it freezes them all the time, but now not even on laptop

bummer

man i wish i understood all this, the problem started this morning with the installation of 1.50 (the problem on all my other computers has been going on for a while) if i could just get a reason for todays problem and a fix, that would be great.

Please provide following details, so that someone may be able to assist you:

• 1. OS version including 32/64-bit
    2. Installed Security Product(s) including Firewall
    3. MBAM version (current 1.50) (Free or Pro)
    4. Definition version (current 5219)
    5. Do you use a router to connect to Internet
    6. How much Ram is installed

Please provide following details, so that someone may be able to assist you:

• 1. OS version including 32/64-bit
    2. Installed Security Product(s) including Firewall
    3. MBAM version (current 1.50) (Free or Pro)
    4. Definition version (current 5219)
    5. Do you use a router to connect to Internet
    6. How much Ram is installed

win 7

avg free

1.50 pro

router

not sure where to find that

by the way, on my hope desktop the versions prior to 1.50 freezes up my computer, win 7

at my office where i have xp, freezes, this all before todays update or newer version, i just gave up on those

not sure if there is an easy fix for those or not

both are using the same avg but had problems PRIOR to this week of freezing

Yes that version of AVG has issues with Malwarebytes and causes lockups. AVG has removed the ablility to add exceptions to the MBAM files.

If you are intrested there are other FREE altermatives for anti-virus software.

Avira

Avast

Microsoft Security Essentials

Those are a few that I would recommend. You could try removing AVG and try one of those together with Malwarebytes Pro. Below are the files you would have to exclude.

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

The FAQ contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products

Please post back and let us know how it went.

Yes there is a way to deactivate the MBAM real time protection but that would defeat the purpose of having Malwarebytes runing the Pro version as you would no longer be protected if you deactivated it.

I know a lot of folks switched from AVG to something else due to this conflict. AVG is suppose to be working on a fix.

Yes there is a way to deactivate the MBAM real time protection but that would defeat the purpose of having Malwarebytes runing the Pro version as you would no longer be protected if you deactivated it.

I know a lot of folks switched from AVG to something else due to this conflict. AVG is suppose to be working on a fix.

wouldnt running it once a day be better than not at all?

i wonder how long avg will take to fix it, thanks for your help

Lots of folks run the free version, and do manual updates and scans and that is enough for them, so I suppose in your case that would work, if you are comfortable with that.....

As for AVG and how long they will take, I am not sure, you may try asking on their forums....

Some users here are using AVG and Malwarebytes together without issues and report it works OK, so it is isolated to some computers only.

If you AVG is fully updated try checking the options and see if you can find a place to enter exclusions.

Also with Malwarebytes v1.50 you can try adding the AVG install folders to the ignor list and see if that helps.

Open Malwarebytes and click on the Ignore List Tab

Click on Add (lower left hand corner)

Browse to the location where AVG is installed, and add the whole folder.

Restart and see if that helps.

I had disabled Malwarebyte's Protection Module when AVG 2011 was determined to be in conflict with it.

I updated to AVG 2011 to 1170 and after rebooting, and running for a few days, I updated Malwarebyte's to v1.50. Since the previous settings were retained (Protection Module NOT enabled), everything worked fine (Updates, Scans, etc.)

Then I enabled the Protection Module and everything seemed fine until I did a reboot. After about 3 minutes, Windows Explorer hung IE; the mouse went "busy", the keyboard was locked out, and nothing updated in the System Tray (Network icon, Process Explorer icon, etc.).

The only workaround was to power off/on and quickly open Task Manager or Process Explorer and kill AVG's Resident Shield (this kicked off a lot of activity in Process Explorer with many different processes starting again but the system returned to normal with no problems). AVG Resident Shield can then be permanently disabled on the AVG main window.

-OR-

As soon as Malwarebyte's Tray icon appears in the System Tray, right click on it and uncheck "Enable Protection", uncheck "Windows Startup" option and then click "Exit" and respond OK to the "Are you sure..." popup before the PC hangs.

After that, the reboots were successful.

AVG 8.5 and AVG 9.0 were compatible with all versions of Malwarebyte's Protection Module running. Too bad.

So as of now, the User must decide whether to disable AVG's Resident Shield or Malwarebyte's Protection Module. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Please note that adding exclusions does not solve freezing issues with AVG 2011. If you are having issues with freezing and you have AVG 2011 installed, please send an e-mail to support@malwarebytes.org in order to speak to a support representative about the issue. :)