virus signatures

Some Anti-Virus programs will think you have an F/P so you will have to add mbamservice.exe to your AV exception list. It can be found here: C:\Program FIles\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe Most of the time, depending on which AV you use. It will ask for almost all the Malwarebytes files, (appx from 7 to 12 files) So if you add mbamservice.exe to be trusted by your avast 5 pro. Next time you run an Avast Scan, it will overlook the mbamservice.exe file. best regards......

they were all mbamservice.exe memory block xxxxxxx win32.xxxxxxx...

did not keep the information.... was concerned about them so did a restore of system(which i found out later was not needed)...

after that i did some investigation on the web and in avast forum and saw that sometimes an av will load virus signatures in memory...

i did not know why they do that & that is why i asked the original question...

i googed the various win32.xxxx and according to info on the web, if they were real viruses they would have made entries in the registry...

checked the registry and found NONE of entries that virus would have put there, so i concluded they must be virus signatures loaded by mbamservice, and again that is the reason for the inquiry...

have not seen them since however...

thanks... :lol:

@ emilemma

Should it happen again? and you can put it in Quarantine? Or Print Screen them to a jpeg please do so. I'll post the instructions for a fresh copy of Malwarebytes. Should you want to un-install use the clean tool, & re-install Malwarebytes again. You may have to put Malwarebytes files in exclusion in your AV again!

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask us and we will explain how to do it.

If your a paying customer, you can send an email to: support@malwarebytes.org hope this helps, regards...

@ wildman424

Yea! She was scanning with the AV, I tried to get the names, but up in post 5, I think she removed them? without the names, were stuck, thats why Post 6 I gave her a fresh copy of mbam... It hasn't started up again, unless you have another idea, go for it..... thx. regards....

EDIT or the mbam file got corrupted, a fresh download may have fixed it?