IP Block 208.73.210.29

Kat Paton

Several times a day this IP is blocked (208.73.210.29) when I am not using the internet. How can I discover what application on my computer is attempting to connect to this site?

The following messages are often posted to the log. Is it normal for IP Protection to stop?

07:43:57 KP IP-BLOCK 208.73.210.29

07:46:33 KP MESSAGE IP Protection stopped

07:46:33 KP MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully

Thanks

Kat

• 2 months later...

I started getting the same blocked IP like every minute recently. The strange thing is that the program, which is trying to connect is either svchost.exe or the System process - I caught this using SysInternals ProcMon, image attached.

So either this IP was accessed by the system before, but Malwarebytes added it to the database recently, so it started popping up, or I got some malware on both of my computers (it started simultaneously).

Does anybody know where Malwarebytes keep the blocked IPs and how to check when this IP was added?

post-66989-1295952346_thumb.png

• Root Admin

Hello , and welcome to Malwarebytes,

These do not appear to be false positives. Please follow the advice below if you continue to get these sites being blocked when you're not visiting said sites.

Someone will work with you one on one to assist you in the listed forum below as they get time.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org