backdoor.bot

kero

Hi everyone I joined this in hopes of someone trying to help me. Heres my problem. On my laptop earlier today I was looking for some pictures on a video game that I like I saved a couple pics to my files and in about 15 mins I was negated access to the internet. I ran microsoft secruity essentials and it turned up nothing. Then I ran Anti-Malwarebytes and it came up with 19 infected items, some I knew of from my dad and then there was the backdoor.bots I had two of them. Now I quarantied everything and still I am not allowed access to the internet and it says there are no infected items. I'm getting extremely irritated and scared because I love my laptop and don't want to lose it. Now everything I have looked up on this tells me to update all my security programs BUT I can't because my computer will not show me the webpage. I have internet access to my modem but everytime I click the internet icon it says cannot display webpage the general junk then when I try going to google it says the webpage is not valid. Someone please help me I'm in dire need. :):):lol:

Hi and Welcome -

As you can not access the net on the infected unit , the only option is to copy items to flash drives or CD's and transfer them between computers -

An expert can give you instructions but tools need to be installed on the infected unit -

Also logs are needed to diagnose problems that you may need to transfer -

As we do not work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums please follow these directions -

Please print out, read and follow What do I do now? , skipping any steps you are unable to complete.

The next step is post a New Topic Here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that

you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - Please allow at least 48 hours for a reply as the experts can get busy at times -

Also add a brief note to the experts as to your problems -

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via This Link

Always use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when you reply -

Thank You - :lol:

Well I just got off the phone with my buddy and he got my computer back up and running again. I'm terribly sorry to have bothered everyone on this thread and thank you for helping me out in any case. I'm balling my eyes out at this moment.

Always glad when any problem is solved by Anyone -

As long as they have not just used System Restore , as the infections will still be in the system -

Many people think this fixes it , but it only hides it as the infection grows inside -

Thanks for visiting - Now you know where we are so call back any time - :lol:

EDIT -

Please note that a backdoor infection can always be very bad -

It is dangerous and incorrect to assume that because the backdoor has been removed the computer is now secure.

Although the backdoor has been identified and appears to have been removed, your PC may be compromised and there is no way to be sure the computer can ever be trusted again.

A backdoor is a software program that gives an attacker unauthorized access to a machine and the means for remotely controlling the machine without the user's knowledge.

A backdoor compromises system integrity by making changes to the system that allow it to by used by the attacker for malicious purposes unknown to the user.

Typically it's installed without user interaction through security exploits, and can severely compromise system security.

Such infections may open illicit network connections, use polymorphic tactics to self-mutate, disable security software, modify system files, and install additional malware.

These backdoor infections may also collect and transmit personally identifiable information, without your consent and severely degrade the performance and stability of your computer.

A backdoor infection can give intruders complete control of your computer, log your keystrokes, obtain passwords, steal personal information, etc.

You are strongly advised to do the following:

• Disconnect the computer from the Internet and from any networked computers until it is cleaned.
  • Call all your banks, financial institutions, credit card companies and inform them that you may be a victim of identity theft
    and put a watch on your accounts. If you don't mind the hassle, change all your account numbers.
  • From a clean computer, change all your passwords
    (ISP login password, your email address(es) passwords, financial accounts, PayPal, eBay, Amazon, any online activity you perform, requiring a username and password).
    Do NOT change your passwords from this computer as the attacker will be able to get all the new passwords and transaction records.
  • Back up all your important data except programs. The programs can be reinstalled back from the original disc or from the Net.

Due to its backdoor functionality, your computer is very likely to have been compromised and there is no way that it can be trusted again.

Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan,

the best course of action would be to do a reformat and re-installation of the operating system (OS).

To help you understand more, please take some time to read the following articles:

When should I re-format and reinstall my OS

What are Remote Access Trojans and why are they dangerous

How do I respond to a possible identity theft and how do I prevent it

How and Where to backup your files

Restoring your backups

These types Of Infections Can Be Complicated Its Highly Recommended You Have An Expert Check It Out

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

please follow All the instructions below and an Expert will assist you

• Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
  • Then post a NEW topic here.
    One of the Expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic

and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
    Or
  • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

Additionally

As a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via this help desk link Here -

Our online experts will be able to assess your problem further