Run Malwarebytes and Sybot concurrently (at the same time)?

Hi all. Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Simple question, can you think of any disadvantages to running Spybot and Malwarebytes scans at the same time? It always seems to work fine, but I was wondering if there's anything I'm missing.

Perhaps it's better to run them one after the other or even reboot and THEN run another.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

I don't think I would run both scans at the same time with these two products.

I know there are folks her that run the two programs actively at the same time with no issues.

I would prefer to run one and then the other. This is easy to do if you have the pro version of both that way you could setup the scheduler at different times for each product.

These are my thoughts anyway....

I don't think I would run both scans at the same time with these two products.

I know there are folks her that run the two programs actively at the same time with no issues.

I would prefer to run one and then the other. This is easy to do if you have the pro version of both that way you could setup the scheduler at different times for each product.

These are my thoughts anyway....

I use the free scanning versions of both of them.

Yeah I actually just noticed that Malwarebytes found some "infected" files that were labeled as to be removed by Spybot. So I wasn't sure what to do, so I did not allow Malwarebytes to run.. I figure it's safer to not run them concurrently.

Anyone have further, more technical thoughts?

Yeah I actually just noticed that Malwarebytes found some "infected" files that were labeled as to be removed by Spybot.

I would have to agree with Firefox running these two together at the same time wouldn't be advisable as it will cause conflicts like the one you described in the above quote

the general rule of thumb to avoid conflicts is is run:

1 anti-virus

1 firewall

1 anti-spyware/anti-malware- * in real time protection * & don't have them running on-demand scans at the same time

I too prefer to run a scan with one and then the other not at the same time as one application might detect a file mark it for deletion but be unable to delete it because its locked by the other application that's scanning it or visa-versa in addition to that these applications use many of the same system resources and running scans at the same time could cause the CPU to spike repeatedly causing the system to freeze up and possibly crash

its like two dogs fighting over a bone :(

I've never really encountered an issue with the CPU being too overworked or crashes. I'm just concerned with the overall effectiveness of the programs when running concrrently.

Do you run them one after the other in the same session of Windows? Or reboot after each scan?

running them concurrently will diminish effectiveness of the programs

Do you run them one after the other in the same session of Windows? Or reboot after each scan?

that depends on the situation if something is detected & removed a reboot is usually standard procedure

if I run one and no threats are found I'll run the other during the same session if a threat is detected and removed you should let it be completely removed by the app that detected it before scanning with something else

Yeah I actually just noticed that Malwarebytes found some "infected" files that were labeled as to be removed by Spybot.

if you need assistance cleaning your computer

please follow ALL the instructions below and an Expert will assist you

• Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
  • Then post a NEW topic here.
    One of the Expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic

and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
    Or
  • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

Additionally

As a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via this help desk link Here -

Our online experts will be able to assess your problem further

If you're a Corporate or Technician Licensed customer seeking assistance:

Please send an email to Corporate Support Team <corporate-support@malwarebytes.org> with your Cleverbridge order reference number and they will assist you.