Does Anti-Malware find keyloggers?

A lot of loggers we find get listed as spyware . These are pure malware loggers that have no legit version or function .

Comercial keyloggers are something we have been thinking about but there are big issues as most of the time they are installed for a legit reason , I almost never see comercial keyloggers in the wild used by malware .

A lot of loggers we find get listed as spyware . These are pure malware loggers that have no legit version or function .

Comercial keyloggers are something we have been thinking about but there are big issues as most of the time they are installed for a legit reason , I almost never see comercial keyloggers in the wild used by malware .

The legit reason might not be so legit from the point of view of the computer user. For example, a husband or wife might want to spy on their spouse, etc. While commercial keyloggers aren't normally included with typical malware, it would be great if Anti-Malware found these also.

• Root Admin

Well that is the point. Those that are legit and not installed without the knowledge of a human being. Meaning that if a spouse, employer, etc installed it on purpose, then by definition it is not Malware.

Though often using a program like HJT or AutoRuns one could easily see "most" of these type of applications.

So from my point of view I don't think MB currently should flag a product that is not known to ever be installed by drive by type methods or unknown installations. If the Team wanted to have an additional Tab that listed "All Running Processes" that might be an idea for a future addition, but again currently out of scope in my opinion to flag it as Malware.