Unable to completely exit out of MBAM

Hello

I've doing some online gaming again and I have to shut some program down because if they start updating or scanning it will either crash the game or exit me out of it.

The problem I'm having is trying to exit completely out of MBAM. I disable the protection, along with website blocking then exit the whole program. I start the task manager and no instance of it is running....However, its still doing its update and flash scan.

Thanks!

Scheduled updates and scans will still run with the protection module disabled. The only way to avoid it would be to disable the scheduled items, which unfortunately you'd have to put back after you were done if you still want them to run at some point.

Okay, well I could just do it manually for now, I'm pretty good about keeping things updated anyway....

What games does it kick you out of full screen in? I never was able to verify this issue completely, at least not when updates and scans are set to run silently and with no notifications.

Of course, it could just be a matter of MBAM using too much CPU, thus causing issues with the game's performance and causing the crash. In such a usage scenario, unless you always play your games at a certain time of day/night, the only way to avoid it would be to do the updates and scans manuall, otherwise you'd always be tweaking the time that the updates and scans are to run, which is just as inconvenient (or even more so) than just doing the udpates and scans manually.

I think you'll be happy to know that I've now passed on a suggestion to the developers that we implement some sort of "Gaming Mode" similar to that used by many current security softwares on the market that will temporarily disable any scheduled items as well as notifications so that they can be dealt with after you switch back to normal mode :).

I think you'll be happy to know that I've now passed on a suggestion to the developers that we implement some sort of "Gaming Mode".

Excellent idea :) I know Kaspersky has one, although I've never used it before (haven't needed to).

I think you'll be happy to know that I've now passed on a suggestion to the developers that we implement some sort of "Gaming Mode" similar to that used by many current security softwares on the market that will temporarily disable any scheduled items as well as notifications so that they can be dealt with after you switch back to normal mode :).

Well thats cool:) I started playing Final Fantasy XIV, the game is pretty glitchy right now too so I'm trying to run it "bare bones"....