error code 2

Hello shelbydog25, :)

First want to know when did the code appear? Is it periodic or an one-time incident?

Please follow the instructions accroding to the version of Windows, and pay attention to the third point of the note below:

For Windows XP:

1. Click on Start and select Control Panel
  2. Open Add/Remove Programs
  3. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  4. Restart your computer very important
  5. Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  6. It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  7. After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here. Remember to enable your Anti-Virus after installation.

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:

1. Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  2. Click on Programs and Features
  3. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  4. Restart your computer very important
  5. Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  6. It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  7. After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here. Remember to enable your Anti-Virus after installation.

Note:

• You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
  • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
    Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version.
  • Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides, especially Section H, posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Please post back if you have further questions.

Thank You :)

PS

1. Please use the "ADDREPLY" t_reply.gif button at bottom of forum window instead of other ones when you start replying. It makes the whole topic easier to read. ^_^

2. For other members who have similar issue and need someone to assist you, please click the button t_new.gif below and post your problem as a new topic. Thanks ;)

I'm getting a Malware error code 2 Failed to Perform desired transaction

anyone know what this is and how to correct ?

thanks

Cool, the Malware icon is now back in the icon tray (was missing) I assume that mean't it wasn't running on start up? .. I asume it's now running automatically in the background. will run and see if the Error code pops up anymore..

^_^

I'm getting a Malware error code 2 Failed to Perform desired transaction

anyone know what this is and how to correct ?

thanks

This is the second time I have had the same thing happen to me, and it is frustrating to have to remove Malwarebytes, do a clean, re-install Malwarebytes, dig through a ton of paper to find my id and code for Malwarebytes. I was reading a post and it said something about protection was disabled so I brought up Malwarebytes as if I was going to do a scan, clicked on the protection tab and sure enough protection module was disabled, I enabled it and wala the Red box with the White M was back in my icon bar at the bottom right of my screen, Did this fix the problem and now I'm safe to surf the web? I DON'T KNOW. I wish I could get somebody to tell me what causes this error and just what does this error mean, I do a update for Malwarebytes and my anti-virus software when I first start my computer (every time). I have noticed if you click update Malwarebytes about every 30 minutes there will be an update like this all day long.

Hi Neal1 -

You can use the scheduler to only do updates once a day if you prefer - This diagram can show you how -

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=224633

Also you can set Quick Scans for once a day if you wish -

I know the diagram lists Hourly updates and scans ,etc, but it is not always required if you have the Icon in the Tray -

Copy and Paste your ID and Key into Notepad or similar and you never need to look in piles of paper -

Thank You -

Hi Neal1 -

You can use the scheduler to only do updates once a day if you prefer - This diagram can show you how -

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=224633

Also you can set Quick Scans for once a day if you wish -

I know the diagram lists Hourly updates and scans ,etc, but it is not always required if you have the Icon in the Tray -

Copy and Paste your ID and Key into Notepad or similar and you never need to look in piles of paper -

Thank You -

Thanks noknojon, I will be doing what you said about the copy and pasting of the id and key because it looks like I will be using it more than once.

Fired the computer up this morning and got the open event error code2 again, enabled it again and it says I am protected, but I am wondering about the protection of malwarebytes because it can't even keep itself running to begin with, and when click the update now, there is a new update of 5.2 Mb, it's hard to believe they are writing updates every 15 to 30 minutes.

Thanks noknojon, I will be doing what you said about the copy and pasting of the id and key because it looks like I will be using it more than once.

Fired the computer up this morning and got the open event error code2 again, enabled it again and it says I am protected, but I am wondering about the protection of malwarebytes because it can't even keep itself running to begin with, and when click the update now, there is a new update of 5.2 Mb, it's hard to believe they are writing updates every 15 to 30 minutes.

noknojon it didn't sink in until after I had posted the above reply and your reply to me that it could be something to do with my computer I then realized that there is not that many people having problems with open event error code2, and the problem is on my end and not Malwarebytes. I have done a chk dish and everything is ok with it, I have never had my anti-virus come and say it had blocked Malwarebytes.