Error Updating 404?

Hi -

Can you please tell me where you tried to download Malwarebytes from - Then can you try to download from this site -

Temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HERE -

Do not click on any other link except the Malwarebytes download , or click on the "Live Link" in my Signature below -

Thank You -

Here are some steps to diagnose update issues:

Step 1

Click on
and let me know what it says. It should be just a 4-digit number in the upper-left corner.

Step 2

Please download and run the traceroute utility at
. It will run a traceroute to our update servers to see if it can find the connection issue, and then it will write it to a log, and open that log in Notepad when it is done. Please either save the log as a Text File and then attach it to a reply, or copy and paste it into a reply, and I will forward it on to our server guy.

Note that it may take several minutes to run, and it may look like it is not doing anything for a few minutes. Normally it takes longer when there are errors that it has to log, but it's rare for it to go more than 10 minutes.

Step 3

Please download TCPView from Microsoft at

This utility will monitor everything that is accessing the Internet or your local network. All you have to do is run TCPView, and then run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and start the update. Watch TCPView to see if mbam.exe shows up in the list. It will be pretty obvious, because it highlights it in green.

I need to know what "Remote Address" Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is trying to connect to. Once it shows up in the list, you can right-click on the line for mbam.exe, and select 'Copy' in order to paste it into a reply. It will tell me what I need to know. Below is an example of what the line you are looking for will look like inside the following code box:

mbam.exe:3656 TCP vista-x64:52135 cdn-208-111-168-7.ord.llnw.net:http ESTABLISHED