Protection not enabled when MBAM starts

Hi everybody,

As a newcomer to this forum, I apologize if my question was answered somewhere else on this forum.

I have just purchased and installed MBAM and I noticed that protection was not enabled automatically and MBAM was not automatically started with Windows.

Did I miss something? How can I have the program started automatically as soon as Windows starts?

BTW, I'm using Windows XP Pro SP3.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Best.

Hello pjg111, :)

Glad to hear you bought this nice piece of software :)

Have you checked the boxes about the start of protection like below?

coq4o.png

(I suggest all the boxes are checked.)

Please post back if you have further questions.

Thank You :)

PS Please use the "ADDREPLY" t_reply.gif button at bottom of forum window instead of other ones when you start replying. :)

Please take note of the above picture from gtyhfy -

A quick rundown of what each box means (from the top) -

• Start protection module with Windows.
    This means that the protection module will start automatically when you start your computer. Unless you do not need full time protection, or you want to start it manually, then it's best to have this one checked.
  • Start file execution blocking when protection module starts.
    When this option is checked, the protection module will monitor each application that launches on your computer, and make sure that they are not malicious. When this option is not checked, you will have to turn this on manually when you want to use it.
  • Start malicious website blocking when protection module starts.
    When this option is checked, the protection module will monitor both outgoing and incoming network activity, and it will automatically block all connections to or from a known malicious server's IP address. When it is not checked, you will have to manually turn on website blocking when you need it.
  • Show tooltip balloon when malicious website is blocked.
    When this option is checked, the protection module will show that little balloon popup in the lower-right corner each time it blocks a malicious IP address. When it is not checked, you will not see notifications each time an IP address is blocked.

Please note that, when changing any one of these options, you will need to restart the protection module (it may be easier for the average person to just restart their computer) before they will take effect.

Thank You - :)

Hi Thanks for both answers.

However what I do mean is the flwg:

1/ MBAM does not automatically start with Windows.

2/ When I launch it manually, the checkboxes Enable protection module and Start protection module with Windows are NEVER checked.

I have to do so by myself. Looks like the program is not remembering my options between two sessions.

Any idea?

Many thanks in advance.

Extra to, as above, from Haider

Are you sure you properly entered the Key and ID into the required boxes when you registered your purchase -

Also it may be better if you please reinstall the program from the instructions listed below - Then restart the settings -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version only -

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can always contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via Here -

They are there to help paying customers with problems that need other solutions -

Thank You - :)

EDIT -

I have just purchased and installed MBAM and I noticed that protection was not enabled automatically and MBAM was not automatically started with Windows.

You must enter and enable the settings after the purchase and after the full install -