something is wrong with the malware.

one day i inserted the USB onto my pc. i got infected by the sguza.exe malware. it added the mrpky.exe on my application data. i was able to manually remove the malware with one site showing the removal instruction. i used sysinternals process explorer to terminate and delete the following files in each directory:

F:muza/sguza.exe

F:autorun.ini

C:documents and settings/(my username)/application data/mrpky.exe

I then made a search and delete on the registry for sguza,autorun (the one on my F drive )and mrpky. however the mrpky registry key came back every time i deleted it. i then made a restart and re inserted my USB and the malware did not came back. when i checked the application data the mrpky.exe file is gone but here is its registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\taskman

the taskman has a value of the location of the mrpky.exe which is in my application data but the mrpky.exe did not recreate itself. i have not encountered any strange problems on the next 10 days. i was now on a holiday and the computer that has the mrpky.exe registry key is still on my home.

will the registry key for the taskman do any harm on my computer?

• Root Admin

Update and Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Start MalwareBytes AntiMalware (Vista users must Right click and choose RunAs Admin)
  • Please DO NOT run MBAM in Safe Mode unless requested to, you MUST run it in normal Windows mode.
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Select the Update tab
    • Click Update

[*]When the update is complete, select the Scanner tab

[*]Select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.

[*]When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

[*]Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

[*]When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply

• If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

If you're still having issues then please post a new topic in the HJT forum and someone will assist you further.

Thanks