Problem with internet after removing antimalware doctor with malwarebytes

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I followed the instructions.

The computer did not reboot automatically. I had to reboot it manually. The OTL.exe program is in french. Perhaps reboot ("redemarrer" in french) needs to be in french? Does it change something if I had to reboot manually? Does that mean the rest of the code didn't work?

Anyway, here are the two logs from the scans (attached).

OTLwith_extra_code.Txt

OTL_log_after_reboot.Txt

Nope, everything is in english and it should be.

Maybe there is a change, script is not activated. Try again, but this time, please wait and see.

P.S.: I'm going to sleep, today was my last school day for this school year and I'm tired.

1. Download IEFix, unzip it to your Desktop, and run it.

2. Click the Apply button.

3. You'll be prompted for the Operating System CD or the Service Pack Files location:

• [*]If you're using Windows XP, insert the Operating System CD. For OEM systems, point to the Operating System source path when prompted. If you've applied a Service Pack separately, you need to insert the Slipstreamed Operating System CD (if you have one) or point the installer to the ServicePack source path when prompted (see the image below). Mention the path as "C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386" or "C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles"

[*]If you don't have the Windows installation CD, and if the installation source files are not present in the hard disk, you may click Cancel when you see a dialog similar to the image below. IEFix will continue with DLL registration part.

rawrid1.png

Please post a new fresh DDS log.

Borislav, this message is from my new computer. I ran the last scan but it stalled while I was running it. When I reset the computer, my internet access was very difficult. I could not access internet explorer very easy. When I tried to reinstall it, it wouldn't load the program. I couldn't download anything, it just got stuck in a loop. So now I have a new computer and I can get to my emails, etc no problem. Any suggestions for the old computer? Everything works fine on it except the internet!!!

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply the instructions from this thread to your own machine. Please start a new thread describing your issue and someone will be along to assist you.