Music website hacked?

Hi i think the following site www.arminvanbuuren.us/ which i used to frequent once in a while to hear trance music, has been hacked and is spreading malware ?

ive been there before with no problems, so i went there yesterday to play music. First i had AVAST on and it blocked the website from starting up saying something about a HTML program running that it blocked. I figured it was blocking the usual music player and thus disabled AVAST.

The website then hijacked the IE explorer window and suddenly it had the look of a windows explorer folder, just as if you had just clicked "My computer" you know with the C: drive the D: drive and a bar that said it was scanning for viruses, and it pretended to come up with all kinds of hits as this false sudden forced virus scan appeared, i started out trying to alt+F4 my way out but it kept coming up with question boxes saying my webpage was in danger or something, i did get it closed finally but it took a bit of time.

im afraid i didnt shut it down fast enough and maybe some virus/malware was transmitted.

Can someone please help me, as to how i can find out if anything was infected, and possibly discover what kind of hijack has suddenly taken over this rather large music provider.

i ran an AVAST scan on one computer and it didnt find anything, but i still think my laptop seems to be running suspiciously slower.

I ran malware bytes which only found some adware zango and websearch, and something called disabled security center anti notify or something, i deleted 5 hits of aforementioned things.

Here is my hijack this log

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4

Scan saved at 20:38:01, on 18-06-2010

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

d:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE

C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe

C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE

C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe

C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe

D:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

D:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast5\avastUI.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

C:\DOCUME~1\LULBUH~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RtkBtMnt.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltuser.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe

D:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.dk/0SEDADK/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://g.msn.dk/0SEDADK/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.dk/

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://g.msn.dk/0SEDADK/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: Search Helper - {6EBF7485-159F-4bff-A14F-B9E3AAC4465B} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Search Helper\SEPsearchhelperie.dll

O2 - BHO: Hj

Hi,

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.

Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt

[*]Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

---

Download GMER here by clicking download exe -button and then saving it your desktop:

• Double-click .exe that you downloaded
  • Click rootkit-tab, uncheck files option and then click scan.
  • Don't check
    Show All
    box while scanning in progress!
  • When scanning is ready, click Copy.
  • This copies log to clipboard
  • Post log (if the log is long, archive it into a zip file and attach instead of posting) in your reply.

Hi,

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.

Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt

[*]Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

---

Download GMER here by clicking download exe -button and then saving it your desktop:

• Double-click .exe that you downloaded
  • Click rootkit-tab, uncheck files option and then click scan.
  • Don't check
    Show All
    box while scanning in progress!
  • When scanning is ready, click Copy.
  • This copies log to clipboard
  • Post log (if the log is long, archive it into a zip file and attach instead of posting) in your reply.

Hey Blade i really appreciate you taking the time to help out newbies like me in this arena of computer security. Im attaching the logs and posting them here.

DDS Report:

DDS (Ver_10-03-17.01) - NTFSx86

Run by Lul Buhl at 17:02:58,79 on 19-06-2010

Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_19

Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.502.209 [GMT 2:00]

AV: avast! Antivirus *On-access scanning disabled* (Updated) {7591DB91-41F0-48A3-B128-1A293FD8233D}

============== Running Processes ===============

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost -k DcomLaunch

svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs

svchost.exe

svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

d:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe

C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe

D:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

D:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast5\avastUI.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

svchost.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

C:\DOCUME~1\LULBUH~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\RtkBtMnt.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HPZ12

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k HPZ12

C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc

C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltuser.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\Lul Buhl\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\UNQQZJ45\dds[1].com

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.dk/

uSearch Page = hxxp://g.msn.dk/0SEDADK/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR

uSearch Bar = hxxp://g.msn.dk/0SEDADK/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR

uSearchMigratedDefaultURL = hxxp://search.live.com/results.aspx?q={searchTerms}&src={referrer:source?}

uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local

uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://g.msn.dk/0SEDADK/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR

BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper: {06849e9f-c8d7-4d59-b87d-784b7d6be0b3} - c:\program files\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\AcroIEHelper.dll

BHO: Search Helper: {6ebf7485-159f-4bff-a14f-b9e3aac4465b} - c:\program files\microsoft\search enhancement pack\search helper\SEPsearchhelperie.dll

BHO: Hj

Attach.rar

DDS.txt

Thought i would notice what advice i got from another forum, another user said:

"Yes, the website had been hacked and my antivirus software Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 had detected virus on the website. KIS reported that "Detected: Trojan.JS.Redirector.cq".

Maybe you should Download Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 and make a deep scan in the SAFE MODE."

If so how can i found out if i have gotten this trojan?

Hi again,

Please use t_reply.gif-button while replying :P

Azureus

LimeWire

Above listed ones are P2P file sharing programs. P2P downloads are nowadays one of those things that most likely bring infection into the system. My recommendation is to uninstall these (and other if present) P2P file sharing programs.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Please ensure you read this guide carefully first.

Please continue as follows:

1. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix, link
    Remember to re-enable them afterwards.
  2. Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.

When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.

Please include the following reports for further review, and so we may continue cleansing the system:

C:\ComboFix.txt

New dds log.

A word of warning: Neither I nor sUBs are responsible for any damage you may have caused your machine by running ComboFix. This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use.

Hi again,

Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.

• The application window will appear
  • Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers.
  • Click Yes to continue
  • A 'Finished!' message will appear
  • Click OK
  • DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OK

IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.

Do not re-enable these drivers until we've finished.

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:

DDS::
TB: {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - No File

Save this as

CFScript

A word of warning: Neither I nor sUBs are responsible for any damage you may have caused your machine. This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use.

CFScriptB-4.gif

Close all browser windows and refering to the picture above, drag CFScript into ComboFix.exe

Then post the resultant log.

Uninstall old Adobe Reader versions and get the latest one (both 9.3 and update 9.3.2) here or get Foxit Reader here. Make sure you don't install toolbar if choose Foxit Reader! You may also check free readers introduced here.

Uninstall your current Adobe shockwave player and get the fresh one here if needed.

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update to the latest version...

Updating Java:

• Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 20.
  • Click the
    Download
    button to the right.
  • Select Windows on platform combobox and check the box that says:
    Accept License Agreement. Click continue.
  • The page will refresh.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u20-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version. Uncheck Carbonite online backup trial if it's offered there.

Download http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=1' target="_blank">ATF (Atribune Temp File) Cleaner

(instructions continue)

Double-click ATF Cleaner.exe to open it

Under Main choose:

Windows Temp

Current User Temp

All Users Temp

Cookies

Temporary Internet Files

Prefetch

Java Cache

*The other boxes are optional*

Then click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox:

Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All

Click the Empty Selected button.

NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click NO at the prompt.

If you use Opera:

Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All

Click the Empty Selected button.

NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click NO at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Please run an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner as instructed in the screenshot here.

Post back its report, a fresh dds.txt log and above mentioned ComboFix resultant log.

Hi ive been having some problems, nr 1. Kaspersky online scanner while downloading my laptop was close to going out of battery and went into standby, when i went back on it said please establish a secure internet connection or something.

So i tried starting kasperskyonline scan from the beginning and downloading the entire update but this time instead of downloading slowly it just says 20% - 40% finished and then i get an error message saying Null Null. Anywho it seems to be getting further now and i am running the scan, and will attach a log when finished.

Im attaching both combofix log and defogger log (defogger didnt ask to restart machine btw).

lognew.txt

defogger_disable by jpshortstuff (23.02.10.1)

Log created at 23:17 on 20/06/2010 (Lul Buhl)

Checking for autostart values...

HKCU\~\Run values retrieved.

HKLM\~\Run values retrieved.

Checking for services/drivers...

SPTD -> Already disabled

-=E.O.F=-

I pressed disable more than once because i feared i had done something wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply the instructions from this thread to your own machine. Please start a new thread describing your issue and someone will be along to assist you.