I know this will seem rudimentary to all of you tech savvy folks, but I'm really not good with computers at all so any help would be very much appreciated.

My laptop developed one of those scareware viruses and now I really can't do anything with it, it even hijacks the page when I open IE so I can't download Malwarebytes directly on the laptop itself. Someone suggested that I download it on another computer and transfer it with a CD (I know a flash drive would be better but CDs are all I have). I've downloaded it, but being the computer illiterate that I am I really don't know how to effectively transfer the file onto the CD while it's in the working computer so that it can be open and run on the infected computer.

Help with this process or help in general if you think there's an easier/better way of going about this is very appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome to malwarebytes....

First off, do you have any burning software on your computer? Like Nero, Roxio, or anything like that?

If you don't here is a free program that can help you out...

CDBurnerXP Pro 4.3.2.2140 and you can download it from their website located at hxxp://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Be carful when installing CDBurnerXP Pro as it has Ask.com pre-selected to be installed so get the Default installer (Without Ask) from the download site:

http://cdburnerxp.se/download.php