MSN - Messages Not Going Through

zak

Has anyone else experience this before? Where your messages not going through to ur buddys on msn? Not this one where its like ""The following message could not be delivered to all recipients" I don't even get that message! So i don't even know if they got my message or not!

Any suggestions on fixing it?

Thanks!

Yes I have that frequently when I am chatting with someone because I have an unstable internet connection. It happens when your internet goes offline, or when you have been knocked off MSN for some other reason. Usually MSN will try and sign in automatically within a minute or two and then you can re-send the messages - - providing your internet is back-up and MSN itself is not down of course.

I would try installing or re-installing the latest version of MSN messenger.

Tried that many times, and still have a the same problem.

Yes I have that frequently when I am chatting with someone because I have an unstable internet connection. It happens when your internet goes offline, or when you have been knocked off MSN for some other reason. Usually MSN will try and sign in automatically within a minute or two and then you can re-send the messages - - providing your internet is back-up and MSN itself is not down of course.

So what your saying its due to a unstable connection? Maybe something to do with my wireless modem?

No, not necessarily zak - what I am saying is when I have got that message it has always been when my internet has gone offline in the middle of my conversation. I happen to have an unstable internet connection, so I get that message a lot because I get knocked off the internet on a very regular basis (why is a long story - something to do with dodgy house wiring I'm told). I'm not saying you have an unstable internet connection yourself necessarily. :)

You don't say how often this is happening. I am assuming you can successfully msn sometimes/most of the time? Is it only ever with one contact? Next time you get the message, have a look at your modem and see if your internet light is lit up and your DSL light is on solid (as opposed to slowly blinking - which means it is lost connection). Also when it happens, open up the MSN user interface and you'll probably see that your connection has been lost, and it will show you how many seconds it is before msn tries to sign you in again. Wait until your DSL light is lit with a solid light and your internet light is on again before you attempt to sign back on. Then you should be good to go and you can resend the messages MSN said your chat buddy didn't get.

If it appears your internet connection is fine when it is happening, then it's an MSN issue probably and you might have to go back to the drawing board. MSN itself does go down from time to time, but it's not that often.

You said you are using a wireless modem. You could maybe try running the ethernet from the modem to the computer instead and see if that makes a difference. Some people do have problems with maintaining reliable wireless connections, if you can narrow it down to happening only when you are using a wireless connection, then I'm sure someone on this forum could troubleshoot possible reasons for that. :)