not immunized

nwarp

Rogue remover pro. My system status is not immunized. I click on the immunize button and get the following message. Error occurred in function unimmunize. Could not write to hosts file Make sure file is not locked. Any ideas anyone ?

OS. Vista Home Premium SP1

Eset Smart security

UAC enabled

E6300 dual core 2 gig memory

Rogue remover pro. My system status is not immunized. I click on the immunize button and get the following message. Error occurred in function unimmunize. Could not write to hosts file Make sure file is not locked. Any ideas anyone ?

OS. Vista Home Premium SP1

Eset Smart security

UAC enabled

E6300 dual core 2 gig memory

Problem solved used a tweak in Spybot

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes. The most glaring thing I see is your running SP1, get Windows updates ASAP. Current Service Pack is 3. Without those updates no amount of immunization is going to do much.

Second, Spybot is a rogue application if that's actually what your using. If your using Spybot Search and Destroy, that is a good program, however it has no effect on how RogueRemover works. My guess you are infected and the infection is stopping RR from immunizing. I seriously recommend you follow the instructions here http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2936 before installing the latest service pack in updates.

Infections and SP2 didn't mix at all and this latest Service Pack has it rolled in with other newer fixes.

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes. The most glaring thing I see is your running SP1, get Windows updates ASAP. Current Service Pack is 3. Without those updates no amount of immunization is going to do much.

Second, Spybot is a rogue application if that's actually what your using. If your using Spybot Search and Destroy, that is a good program, however it has no effect on how RogueRemover works. My guess you are infected and the infection is stopping RR from immunizing. I seriously recommend you follow the instructions here http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2936 before installing the latest service pack in updates.

Infections and SP2 didn't mix at all and this latest Service Pack has it rolled in with other newer fixes.

SP1 is the latest for Vista as you have now found out. Spybot search and destroy it should have been I dropped the S&D. The tweak made the locked hosts file read only. Since I did that in Spybot S&D the immunize feature in RogueRemover Pro hasn't missed a beat.

Regards from Down Under