MBAM Pro 1.45 & Windows backup - fixed?

Hi:

Does anyone know if the conflict between MBAM Pro active protection module and Windows backup has been resolved "in the wild"?

I understand that the issue was to have been fixed with v.1.45, but I thought I might check to see if anyone has any direct experience (good, bad or otherwise) since updating to the new MBAM version.

I am about to undertake my weekly backups on all my systems (Vista Ult SP2 (32), W7 Pro (32) and W7 Ult (64)), so I am hoping to avoid any OS hangups or worse.

(My procedures thus far have involved shutting down the MBAM Pro active protection module prior to plugging in my USB Ext HDD.)

TIA,

daledoc1

Thanks, Sartori.

I assume you're backing up to an *internal* HDD? (Trying to recall from the earlier thread if the conflict affected both *internal* and *external USB* devices... ?)

Well, I guess I'll give it a try.

Windows backup in W7 (esp 64-bit) is most definitely wonky, based on the discussions out at the various forums. I hope they will fix it with forthcoming updates/patches/SPs.

So, in addition to Carbonite, I'm also looking at the various standalone backup apps for "offline" backup to my USB external HDD.

One can never have too many copies of one's files backed up, these days. ;-)

If all else fails, I can revert to the practice of disabling the MBAM active pro module during backups (I still have my firewall up and could even shut down internet traffic, to be extra safe during the backup period).

Thanks again!

daledoc1