Antivirus XP malware

My notebook has been infected by the rather pesky Antivirus XP Malware program. I have been a Malwarebytes user for a few years and have always had the best of luck with the program when problems arise. This malware program, however, has been giving me a tough time. I actually already have Malwarebytes installed on the infected notebook but since the onset on Antispyware XP, I am unable to update Malwarebytes. I keep getting an error code 732 (0, 0) each time I try to update. This Malware program has seemed to hijack several areas of my computer including web page redirection and it also seems to pop up each time I try to open Anti-Vir (which I downloaded on a desktop and dumped on a thumb drive in order to try to tackle this issue) or other programs like Hijackthis. I am able to stop the process (ave.exe) but it always comes back when I click on other icons. I was originally unable to open Malwarebytes but by right clicking on the desktop icon and using "run as", I was able to open it. I did a quick scan with no results. I then did a complete scan and it returned 12 results. However, after fixing those infected files, there was no change. Keep in mind that I am unable to update and probably haven't updated in a week or two. I would appreciate any input. I have HijackThis installed and here is the latest logfile:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 4:27:34 PM, on 3/30/2010

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Nmb.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Nfypya.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$ACT7\Binn\sqlservr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe

C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe

C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

C:\WINDOWS\framework.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\U3\0000188E5673F0B4\LaunchPad.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaul...rch/search.html

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (reboot)] "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /runcleanupscript

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iMEKRMIG6.1] C:\WINDOWS\ime\imkr6_1\IMEKRMIG.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [synTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [synTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [framework] framework.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OneTouch Monitor] C:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch\OneTouchMon.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [bMUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\system32\BMUpdate.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [YVIBBBHA8C] C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Nmb.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll

O9 - Extra button: Attach Web page to ACT! contact - {6F431AC3-364A-478b-BBDB-89C7CE1B18F6} - mscoree.dll (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Attach Web page to ACT! contact... - {6F431AC3-364A-478b-BBDB-89C7CE1B18F6} - mscoree.dll (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{BE1E0579-64EA-4056-AF26-1367AFDB1D46}: NameServer = 93.188.164.102,93.188.161.119

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{DD68AB02-9D86-4388-8165-4069034CC4DC}: NameServer = 93.188.164.102,93.188.161.119

O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 93.188.164.93,93.188.166.152

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 93.188.164.102,93.188.161.119

O23 - Service: AOL TopSpeed Monitor (AOL TopSpeedMonitor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

--

End of file - 5132 bytes

Hello mhurst96! Welcome to MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware Forums!

My name is Borislav and I will be glad to help you solve your problems with malware. Before we

begin, please note the following:

• The process of cleaning your system may take some time, so please be patient.
  • Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
  • Instructions that I give are for your system only!
  • If you don't know or can't understand something please ask.
  • Do not install any software or hardware, while work on.

Step 1:

Please visit Combofix Guide & Instructions for instructions for installing the recovery console and downloading and running ComboFix.

The only thing different from the instructions there is that when downloading and saving the ComboFix.exe I would like you to rename it to Combo-Fix.exe please.

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that along with a new HijackThis log.

Important notes regarding ComboFix:

ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making it the default browser. This can easily be changed once we're finished.

ComboFix also prevents autorun of ALL CDs, floppies and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you, please let me know. This can be undone manually when we're finished. Read HERE for an article written by dvk01 on why we disable autoruns.

Note: During this process, it would help a great deal and be very much appreciated if you would refrain from installing any new software or hardware on this machine, unless absolutely necessary, until the clean up process is finished as it makes our job more tedious, with additional new files that may have to be researched, which is very time consuming.

Also, please do not run any security programs or fixes on your own as doing so may compromise what we will be doing. It is important that you wait for instructions.

Step 2:

Also, I would like you to generate a "Add/Remove Software list" log using the HijackThis application. Here is how you can do this:

To get an Uninstall List from HijackThis:

• Open HijackThis, click Config, click Misc Tools
  • Click "Open Uninstall Manager"
  • Click "Save List" (generates uninstall_list.txt)
  • Click Save, copy and paste the results in your next post.

In your next reply, please include these log(s):

* HijackThis Uninstall List

* HijackThis log (new)

* ComboFix log

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply the instructions from this thread to your own machine. Please start a new thread describing your issue and someone will be along to assist you.