MBAM Command Line Support

Greetings and welcome to Malwarebytes :)

By "stand alone utility" do you mean portable (ie run directly from a flash drive or CD without installation)? If so, then unfortunately not at this time, however there are options and parameters available for use to both Corporate and Technician customers that are not available to home users. If you are in such an environment and wish to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware then please fill out the information on this page to find out about pricing and the advantages of a Technician's or Corporate license.

Thanks for the quick response and information, Exile.

That is exactly what I am looking for. I guess I'll have to wait and see if they create a stand-alone utility.

I noticed with WinClam, that you can just copy the essential files to a USB drive and use it that way. Would that be possible with Malware Bytes?

I noticed with WinClam, that you can just copy the essential files to a USB drive and use it that way. Would that be possible with Malware Bytes?

At present, the way Malwarebytes is written means that it has to be 'installed' on a computer to work properly, so what you asked above will not work. However, there are myriad ways of getting Malwarebytes installed, updated and scanning, even on highly infected computers - which can negate the need for a USB based portable application. We don't actually 'teach' these methods on this forum, unless a user is dealing with a specific malware problem. But, if you want to learn some of them, you are welcome to look around the forum and pick up some handy information on the subject. For example, the Antivirus Soft removal tutorial linked below contains some handy tips and tricks.

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=39312