old topic montana menagerie

JeanInMontana

I put in a support ticket and the speedy reply is below. To those in the NASCAR game, umm hope we get this up before midnight. I don't have my picks in yet and most likely I'm not the only one.

If Roddy32 wins again because of this.... :P

2008-04-12 02:37pm by Dan - Hello,

A while after we have detected a connectivity issue with your server we have contacted our Data Center, in order to change their Internet routes to our private racks.

Currently, there is a international connectivity problem, which relies beyond the SiteGround and it's Data Center's authority of action, as it is caused by a fiber optic connection interruption of one of the biggest US Internet Service Providers -- Above.net. Their technicians are aware of this issue and are working on it's resolution. Such issues are rare, but unfortunately totally unpredictable.

Please, track the "Server status" page in your Customer's area for further updates on this issue.

Our engineers already pre-routed the traffic through a different upstream provider but it seems that this line is experiencing the same issue. We have other upstream lines which we will use now to check which one will work as it should. Note that the Above.Net is one of the worlds largest corporate Internet providers and large number of smeller ISPs are using their optic lines. That is why we will test each upstream provider in order to make sure that it provides the best connectivity from 12 different test points over the world.

Once the above is completed we will update this ticket and the message in your Customers Area > Check for important server notices.

Please be patient. We understand the importance of this issue and that why we are working with all the possible resource to resolve it.

We will update this ticket as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Dan

Support Team

SiteGround.com

The number of times going down is not so bad as the fact that they responded as fast as they did, and had you back up as fast as they did. That is world class service.

outages sometimes cannot be prevented (unless you're rich enough to run a triple live backup system....) - but being alert enough to watch for issues and being ready to fire up a backup / recreate virtual paths and being ready to talk to your customer whenever, however, for whatever reason *and do something about the problem* - that is priceless.

For everything else, there is Credit card debt.

• 2 weeks later...

well last night it was not working for about 1 hour and 15 min around 10:40 PM EST. TILL RIGHT BEFORE 12AM EST WHEN I WENT TO BED. IT WAS JUST AN FYI (DARN SORRY caps i hate typing ) and all other links to other forums were working . today it works fine thought you might have seen the post i made last night so i just was curious about it thats all