Update Wont Update to Latest Database

I could use some help with this issue also, so hope this topic :D isn't closed. I'm having the same problem with MBAM showing successful updating in the logs, but the database version never updates; I have to log in to my admin account and do it manually every few days. I'm using XP3, MBAM V 1.44, and have enacted all the program permissions in my McAfee security that I could find.

I don't use my admin account for anything but admin purposes, so I'm confused, how is the automatic update feature supposed to work if the database version must be manually updated? Thanks for any help you can give me!

I could use some help with this issue also, so hope this topic :D isn't closed. I'm having the same problem with MBAM showing successful updating in the logs, but the database version never updates; I have to log in to my admin account and do it manually every few days. I'm using XP3, MBAM V 1.44, and have enacted all the program permissions in my McAfee security that I could find.

I don't use my admin account for anything but admin purposes, so I'm confused, how is the automatic update feature supposed to work if the database version must be manually updated? Thanks for any help you can give me!

I think what Firefox means is the logged on user must have administrative rights for it to update, so if that user does not have admin rights, it wont work. Most people always logon with admin rights. Like in my situation, it wont update until I log the the kids off and login myself.

That is correct, you must be logged in as an Administrator or have Admin rights to update it.

Thanks very much, I understand I must be logged on in my admin acct. to update versions, but still am curious as to what is automatically being updated as shown in my logs? Is anything being updated, or are the logs just showing some kind of contact? I have the paid version, and run several pc's using MBAM, and had thought these updated automatically.

Thanks very much, I understand I must be logged on in my admin acct. to update versions, but still am curious as to what is automatically being updated as shown in my logs? Is anything being updated, or are the logs just showing some kind of contact? I have the paid version, and run several pc's using MBAM, and had thought these updated automatically.
A few clarifications:

• v1.44 "installs" with an old version of the rules db (I think it is 3508 dated mid Jan 2010). I know because I just reinstalled the program a few days ago with a fresh download of mbam-setup
  • What FireFox said was you must be logged on as administrator or be logged on with admin rights. The administrator can provide administrative rights to any user. Because of issues like you are experiencing, many users run with administrative rights on their day-to-day account.

yes or you can just Right Click on the Malwarebytes Icon on the destop and then Click on Run As... and run it as an administrator to update it also.

Okay, now I get it! Thanks so much, what an easy fix, I should have thought of this, duh, but sometimes I misplace my Ockham's Razor.