i'm sorry i doin't know where to post this

Non vendors outnumber the vendors by far. No one that is not a member can read the forum because of what is there. It can't get to the wrong hands. Membership is restricted and for good reason. I misunderstood you I guess. I thought you were a member of another forum that had direct ties to vendors.

The community I had stumbled upon didn't even allow regular members to read topic. Only vendors. That's part of the reason why I never signed up.

LMAO OK we are back to where this started for the most part and nothing has been learned. I am not aware of a site as you describe, I thought I had a fair grasp of all major security sites as I'm a member of most. I am really curious what this site might be. If there are regular members especially.

Back to topic, somewhere , lol..

lurkingatu, have Avira removed it by now? There have been a couple of updates already so was wondering if they actually did. They are fairly good about it. From what I hear, many are happy with Kaspersky and Avira and a couple of others, me I am an Avira user, I think the detection rate is great and doesn't hog the sys. I may switch to Kaspersky as I believe they have the highest detection rates and many will say , even an AVIRA page said they are good but can't keep up with Kaspersky. So, I am seriously thinking of switching. As long as they don't become like Norton, I'll be happy.

Thanks

Paul

Paul, Kaspersky's engine might be better at detecting new threats than AvtiVir currently is, but to tell you the truth, it typically just bounces back and forth between NOD32, AntiVir, and Kaspersky (with a few other obscure AV softwares thrown in for good measure). As far as response, Kaspersky Labs always gets my samples analysed first, so if that's what you are looking for, then go with Kaspersky.

If you really want to follow the same info I do, you can head over to AV Comparatives and look at their test results. They need to do another test with NOD32 v3 before the current data is really complete, but they are still a good resource.

Paul, Kaspersky's engine might be better at detecting new threats than AvtiVir currently is, but to tell you the truth, it typically just bounces back and forth between NOD32, AntiVir, and Kaspersky (with a few other obscure AV softwares thrown in for good measure). As far as response, Kaspersky Labs always gets my samples analysed first, so if that's what you are looking for, then go with Kaspersky.

If you really want to follow the same info I do, you can head over to AV Comparatives and look at their test results. They need to do another test with NOD32 v3 before the current data is really complete, but they are still a good resource.

Thanks GT, yeah, I agree, they do bounce around when it comes to results. It's fairly impossible to determine if an AV will be top of the line for any amount of time. I used Fix-it-Utilities for some time, it was excellent then they switched companies and blah... then went to Avast, tried AVG, never did like AVG, never tried NOD or Kaspersky and have been fairly, well , VERY happy with Avira. I do go to the av comparatives and check it out every so often. A big kink for me was my prior system which I am no longer limited to running something a bit more resource needy.

And yes, the response from Kaspersky labs was exactly what Avira was referring to. I think for now, Avira has been good to me, no issues so I'll stick with it, plus you can't beat the price. :) I have never used Kaspersky on my own computer, and briefly on other's systems. Unfortunately, I run mainly into Norton :) They promised a lot in the way of system performance for the new Norton version, I should check to see exactly what was improved, not that I'll ever use it, just out of curiosity.

Thanks for the feedback,

Paul

Back to topic, somewhere , lol..

lurkingatu, have Avira removed it by now? There have been a couple of updates already so was wondering if they actually did. They are fairly good about it. From what I hear, many are happy with Kaspersky and Avira and a couple of others, me I am an Avira user, I think the detection rate is great and doesn't hog the sys. I may switch to Kaspersky as I believe they have the highest detection rates and many will say , even an AVIRA page said they are good but can't keep up with Kaspersky. So, I am seriously thinking of switching. As long as they don't become like Norton, I'll be happy.

Thanks

Paul

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...ost&p=15290 It's a F/P .

Thanks GT, yeah, I agree, they do bounce around when it comes to results. It's fairly impossible to determine if an AV will be top of the line for any amount of time. I used Fix-it-Utilities for some time, it was excellent then they switched companies and blah... then went to Avast, tried AVG, never did like AVG, never tried NOD or Kaspersky and have been fairly, well , VERY happy with Avira. I do go to the av comparatives and check it out every so often. A big kink for me was my prior system which I am no longer limited to running something a bit more resource needy.

Actually AntiVir, NOD32, avast!, and Kaspersky are all light on resources. Granted I've never used the newer version of Kaspersky, and Kaspersky 5 wasn't that efficient, but I've heard a lot of good things about the newer versions.

As far as Kaspersky Labs' response time, I once had them analyse a sample I sent, and reply to me with an explanation of what it did and what they were going to name the new virus within 20 minutes of my sending them the sample. I was shocked. Most companies take at least a day to get to it, and some even up to a week.

And yes, the response from Kaspersky labs was exactly what Avira was referring to. I think for now, Avira has been good to me, no issues so I'll stick with it, plus you can't beat the price. ;) I have never used Kaspersky on my own computer, and briefly on other's systems. Unfortunately, I run mainly into Norton :P They promised a lot in the way of system performance for the new Norton version, I should check to see exactly what was improved, not that I'll ever use it, just out of curiosity.

Norton? icon8.gif

hello

yes it was a f/p and i also think avria pe classic is good thay say that it woin't find malware

but it doe's because most what it go's off with and i send in is malware f/p's and thay say this lol

Please note: The detection of Spy/Adware is not available in the product "AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic".

but i have the heuristics set on high so i think what thay mean is it woin't find it if it's already on the pc

i also tryed avg but could not stand it i really liked avast but could not get the web shield to work with

msn web accelerator (msn dialup) and i doin't use outlook so half of it was not on so i went back to avria

:P

Norton? icon8.gif

LMAO.

And thanks for the info :P

@ lurkingatu2

Thanks. I would still use a different spyware\adware tool along side of an anti-virus type, mainly, if they are good at being an anti-virus, doesn't always mean they are good at the spyware\adware if you know what I mean. ;) I am one of those who like non-integrated tools as much as possible and over the years, I still think they do a better job on their own.

You on dial up? I truly feel bad for you. :( I know what that's like. Well, in some ways it was still better than nothing , if only slightly, lol.

Cheers,

Paul

yes thay fixed it in a few updates i forget some times when i send one in to

avria from there suspicious files page to mark it as suspected false positive

and not a suspicious file and i get the wrong info and i have to send it again

after i get the email back so it takes longer to find out lol if i send it as a

suspicious file that avria finds thay just say yes we find that lol then when

i ask at avrias forum Barrie a mod there asks if i remembered to send it as a

f/p i doin't get alot of them so i forget

and thank you and yes i also have ewido 4 ondemand and superantispyware pro

mbam spywareblaster mvp hosts and hp hosts with hostman and ie-spyads

and it's ok about dialup but the downloads suck or i would of helped sunbelt

with there viper counterspy took like 2 hours at a time to download every few

days or so doing it as beta but viper is to big or i would of tryed to help

:P

yes thay fixed it in a few updates i forget some times when i send one in to

avria from there suspicious files page to mark it as suspected false positive

and not a suspicious file and i get the wrong info and i have to send it again

after i get the email back so it takes longer to find out lol if i send it as a

suspicious file that avria finds thay just say yes we find that lol then when

i ask at avrias forum Barrie a mod there asks if i remembered to send it as a

f/p i doin't get alot of them so i forget

and thank you and yes i also have ewido 4 ondemand and superantispyware pro

mbam spywareblaster mvp hosts and hp hosts with hostman and ie-spyads

and it's ok about dialup but the downloads suck or i would of helped sunbelt

with there viper counterspy took like 2 hours at a time to download every few

days or so doing it as beta but viper is to big or i would of tryed to help

:)

Thanks , that's what I was wondering. :( Sounds like you are loaded to the till in security, loll. :(

It's too bad you couldn't find someone willing to download a bunch of things for you, put to CD\DVD or whatever and then you would at least have some main setup files. That's what I used to do, then all I had to worry about were updates. ;) If you just post or browse, it's not at all bad, but yep, try to download!! :P You can grow old waiting for a download, lol.

Cheers,

Paul