Can not connect to www.malwarebytes.org. Can not Update

Last Sunday my PC got infected with a number of different virus and maleware.

When I try to go to www.malwarebytes.org with Internet Explorer and Firefox, the site is blocked and I can not connect to it.

I used another PC to download the software, and could install it.

After I installed it, I tried to update it, and it would not update.

I get Error Code 732 (12007,0).

I scanned my PC, and it found a number of problems which it removed.

I did a search on this error code and followed the instructions in this forum, and it did not correct the problem.

I ran mbam-clean.exe and then using another PC, downloaded the latest version and installed it on my PC.

That did not fix the problem.

I also find that I can not update Spybot Search and Destroy.

I have run full scans with the following programs.

Malwarebytes, Spybot Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware, and McAfee Anti-Virus a number of times until they no longer find any problems.

My PC will not connect to the Microsoft web site to download their software.

I did download the software to install Microsoft Security Essentials on another PC.

I tried to install Microsoft's Security Essentials, and it would not install. I got an error code it is not a valid 32 bit software.

Another problem I see, is that every time I run AOL and connect, I get an AOL Security Warning that wants to Install Adobe Flash.

I also had problems doing Google searches, and no matter what I search link I clicked, it took me to a different web site.

Do you any other ideas of things to try.

Could there be items in the registry that is blocking the web sites?

If I can find the program that infected my PC, could I upload it to you so you could check it out and see what all it does?

I have used another PC to do Google searches to find fixes to the problems.

If I can not get it fixed, my next step is to install a new hard drive, and install Windows XP and all my software.

Thanks for any information you can give me.

JimmerN

Hi JimmerN and welcome to malwarebytes'!

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

If you need anything else don't hesitate to reply.