Can't open Malwarebytes

Sorry, think I posted this in the wrong place... probably should have gone here...

Hoping that someone can give me some help with this. I've had Malwarebytes installed on my PC for a while, and have never had issues. Today, I started my PC and after a few minutes, noticed that suddenly I was getting a bunch of pop-ups advertising "registry defender" and some other spyware removal products... so I automatically assume they are spyware of course. Click on malwarebytes - and nothing happens. Click again - nothing.

Decided to download the new version and try again. New version downloads and installs, but when I click on it - nothing.

Saw that there was a forum here, so tried to register... the registration page wouldn't even load all the way. Right now I'm using safe mode and it's the only way that I could register to even post here. Still can't run malwarebytes though.

Any ideas? Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Hello starwarsgeek, and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Yes it looks like the malware is preventing you from running MBAM.exe. Please follow the below instructions...

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org