Hi. I just, for the first time in my life, purchased a 'full version' of something. Malwarebytes, that is. I have been at war with malware that has slipped past

my SpySweeper and McAffee lines of defence, and I finally ponied up.

I just wanted to introduce myself and apologize in advance for my stupid questions I will be asking as time goes by.

Here's a couple:

There's a tab on the module offering 'protection'. Did I already receive this when I bought the 'full version'?

Also, am I now covered for viruses, or malware only?

Thanks.

Welcome Blueline -

You will always need an antivirus program (even if it is free Avira or similar) -

If you wish to know the full reasons I usually tell people that the best place to find this is from Wiki - Just type Malware and read the article , Then type Computer virus and read the page there - It is a bit too long to fit in one of these panels , so that is what Wiki is for -

Thank You - B)

Read and follow any instructions from the link below that will show if there may be a problem with McAfee (if you still use it) -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=162098

Please post back if you have any problems as you go and we will help you - :)

Hello Blueline, and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org :)

You should have received an e-mail from Cleverbridge with your ID and Key in it so that you can activate your copy of Malwarebytes :) Do you have your email from Cleverbridge still?

The free version and the full version are the exact same download - when you purchase, you just need to activate it.

You're covered from malware, adware, spyware, rogues, and some (but note NOT ALL) viruses and other things that anti-viruses are not good at. Malwarebytes comes in to be good at what AV's are not good at - and that's why they complement each other and should be used together.

I hope that you purchased Malwarebytes after removing the found malware :)

Also, when replying, please use the "ADD REPLY" button at the bottom of the page.

Thank you B)

You're welcome B)

Hmm. You mean that Malwarebytes has disappeared or the malware that was infecting your computer has disappeared?

Don't do any more system restores!!!!!

What keeps getting redirected? Google/search engine searches and/or what?

Oh, you're definitely infected then.

DO NOT try to make any further changes to your system (no system restore or anything like that).

However, try the following link prior to the directions below. If it does not work, read the directions below. In fact, if it DOES work, you still should follow the directions below, as there may be more things lurking that an expert will need to find for you.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29028

Please read the following, and link back to your topic ( http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=188448 ) when you make your new post in the Malware Removal forum (link given below):

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

Please note that it may take 48 hours or more for you to receive a response in the malware removal forum, as it is often busy at times. Please do not reply to your own post asking for help unless its been more than 48 hours since you originally posted, as this can make it appear as though you are being helped and take longer for you to get help.

If you are unable to do all or any of the steps in the link to the directions above, just post your problem into the forum I gave you a link to anyway and someone will be able to assist you.

Thank you :D

I just want to report:

Last night emailed support at Malwarebytes. I received an answer from Tom there, followed his instructions and ran a re-named mbam. I ran a quick

scan and uncovered 16 infected items, banished them to h3LL, then restarted.

Well, it worked. Even the re-directing problem seems to be gone. I had it bad, too. It was shutting down my emails before I could finish them, and throwing

un-closable popups in my face.

I have yet to follow all the steps I was given, but I just wanted to thank Mountaintree, Tom Mercado and noknojon for putting up with me.

I'm back, baby!

Blueline,

I am so glad that things are working out for you now!

Keep with the email with Tom then, don't post in the HJT forum.

Happy computing once again, and safe surfing!