Antivirus and antispyware programs on same computer

Hello prr -

You have asked how 2 similar yet different programs can co-exist at the same time - The link below from our FAQ section gives you ideas how to enable them both to run at the same time - If your anti virus is listed please read the section that relates to you -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...ost&p=49525

In basic terms they also look for different types of infections - That is why we always say to have at least a reasonable free antivirus -

Thank You - :)

Hello prr -

You have asked how 2 similar yet different programs can co-exist at the same time - The link below from our FAQ section gives you ideas how to enable them both to run at the same time - If your anti virus is listed please read the section that relates to you -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...ost&p=49525

In basic terms they also look for different types of infections - That is why we always say to have at least a reasonable free antivirus -

Thank You - :)

I'm not having problems getting MWB to work with my av (MS Security Essentials). They are co-existing quite peacefully. I'm just wondering what it is that allows them to (generally) work together, whereas a second av prog would be more likely to cause problems.

Hi again prr -

You are running the same setup as I am - MSE is one of those that in no way conflict with Malwarebytes - You will have noticed in the list (link shortcut) I left in the last post that some must be told that Malwarebytes is a Good program - You only need to tell them (add exceptions) that you want certain programs to not be detected while they scan - Many malware infections are not picked up by antivirus programs and the other way around also -

If you ever clean your kitchen floor , it is like much can be removed with a broom but a good mop will get other stains that are left - Sorry to use that but my wife is just cleaning the floor now - :)

Thank You for heading back - I may have cleared it a bit (or confused more) but I hope you get the basics - :)

Security conflicts are caused by how 2 apps detect , not what they detect . Current malware is so blended that virtually anything that can scan for malicious software will detect some mix of all family types .

Where Malwarebytes is different is that we prioritize what the AVs are bad at so when used together with any decent AV the combined protection is very good .

Reading around it seems a lot of people like to combine Malwarebytes with either Avira or NOD32 , I like both apps as well .