After 1.43 update can't start protection mode

I'm running Windows 2000 (latest updates), on Thursday and Fridays was on 1.42 (updated from 1.41 - first week in December) , everything was fine. Took the update to 1.43 (scheduled) on Friday and I got the same problems in this post.

I followed ALL of the instruction and cleaned and re-installed I got the same problem. My machine was clean and no known problems.

I run Symantec Endpoint for AV. Did a download of mbamsetup on a Unix machine and burned it to a CD to bypass AV, still bad.

I went back to 1.42 - everythings run fine, but have update turned off.

mbam set to start with Windows.

@C2C

Please tell us your version of Windows. Win2000 or XP or Vista or Win 7 ?

Have you set MBAM to Start with Windows?

Have you checked the Services console to see that MBAMService is Started and set to Automatic startup?

1. Im using WinXP Pro 2000 SP2

2. MBAM is set to start with windows.... i still get this error

08:38:25 (null) ERROR WTSQueryUserToken failed with error code 1245

08:38:25 (null) MESSAGE Protection stopped

3. I don't know where to look for the service console and see the MBAMService. Could you give a step by step where to look for the service console is?

Thanks very much Maurice

@C2c

As a sidenote, although quite important, you must make plans to get and apply Service Pack 4 from Microsoft.

The link is this one

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...3d-4a97a25f41d9

You're a few years behind in getting that service pack.

Be aware that MS extended support for Win2000 ends on July 13, 2010.

As to your issues with version 1.43 of MBAM, if you're an MBAM customer, you need to contact the MBAM help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

@C2c

As a sidenote, although quite important, you must make plans to get and apply Service Pack 4 from Microsoft.

The link is this one

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...3d-4a97a25f41d9

You're a few years behind in getting that service pack.

Be aware that MS extended support for Win2000 ends on July 13, 2010.

As to your issues with version 1.43 of MBAM, if you're an MBAM customer, you need to contact the MBAM help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Ok. Thanks very much Maurice

I think that the point being missed here is that everyone was doing fine until 1.43 came along. Now certain OS's are fine while others no longer have protection. I have 2 computers with identical programs and protection. The Windows 2000 Pro is experiencing the Error problems, while the other computer running XP is running normal.

Can someone please get into 1.43 and find out what was changed and fix it....or am I oversimplifying??