Error Code 732 (12029,0)

When I try to update Malware 12/3/09 release 1.42, I continuously receive an error message "Error Code 732 (12029,0)". I have tried everything I know (which is not that much, admittedly) to uninstall, re-install, update, restart, etc but, no matter what I do, I keep getting this message and my version does not update beyond Database version 3289. Can anybody help? I hope I don't have some type of bug in my computer.

Hi tulgat -

marktreg is asking you to check the settings listed in the link below to ensure you can connect to the internet first -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=162097

Even if Firefox (or other) is your main browser , your computer uses Internet Explorer as a "Gateway"-

Also follow the instructions at item #7 in the link listed below for a clean Un/re install (corrupt version ?) -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...ost&p=49525

Thank you - :D

Hi all, I'm having the same problem with error 732. I use version 1.41. I've read over all the forums and have also emailed administration. I've checked the LAN setting and the work offline. My system will try and upgrade to aboout 136kb, and the error pops up. I"m not really for sure about unstalling the program. If I do unistall, do I use the same lisense number that is on this version? I had a trojan virus that I did quarantine on 12-15.

I use IE 7 and still having problems with my pc running slow. However, the cable company states there are no prolbems. The person I actually spoke with is the same person that put AVG and Malwarebytes' on my pc. I've read that people have lowered their firewalls to get the upgrade to work, should I try this?

Welcome kygirl -

The 732 message is asking if you have full internet connection and to check this - Also can you update to IE 8 as it is more stable -

Have you read the 'link' above to check your internet connection ? You are "Miles behind" with updates as , 1.42 has been out for a while now (December 3) and is up to version 3399 as of today -

Yes if you use the Un/re install function listed there is detailed instructions for keeping the paid version installed -

If you follow the directions at item #7 in the link below it gives you instructions for keeping your paid version active (just write the number down somewhere) -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...ost&p=49525

Just a quick add on - The infection may have caused other internal problems with your system -

There is also fixes for AVG (now version 9) if you need more -

Please call back and let us know how you go -

EDIT -

Please delete any infection Malwarebytes finds to ensure it is fully removed -

If these fixes are not enough and there may be something left from your infection please read below -

As we don't work on detailed Malware removal in the general forums.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available -

Hi kygirl,

There may be some compatability isues if you have both AVG and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware installed.

Please click the link below and see Section H to resolve these issues.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10138

Thanks marktreg. I actually thought it was going to work. It got about 1/2 through the upgrade. The I don't know if the error's codes behind 732 are important, but they are (0,0). Thanks also noknojon. Do yo all know anything about Google Chrome? My brother states that he loves it and doesn't have the problems that he had with IE.

I will try downloading IE 8 and newer version of Malware. I don't understand why AVG didn't catch the Trojan. I guess you all will have a good laugh when I tell you what I'm taking this sememser in college. I'm starting in networking opitions class with pc repair as one of my 1st classes. Hey I'm 43 though, I don't see any future in business unless you are already rich. I"ve always been a data entry operator and can install software but sill walking into this blindfolded.

Hi kgirl,

There are a couple more things you can try.

Step 1:

Please download and install this to see if that corrects the issue. If it does not then please continue to Step 2.

Step 2:

Show Hidden Files and Folders (XP):

• Click Start and select My Computer
  • Click the Tools item from the menu at the top of the window (if you don't see Tools press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will appear)
  • Select Folder Options
  • Click the View tab and make sure Show hidden files and folders is selected under Hidden files and folders
  • Next, uncheck the box next to Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
  • Then, uncheck the box next to Hide extensions for known filetypes
  • Click Apply then click OK

Then delete the file called rules.ref. It will be found in one of these locations:

Windows XP and 2000

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

Once you've deleted the rules.ref file, start MBAM and when it shows the error and asks to update, let it do so and see if that corrects it.

If the above does not work, you can also try this:

• Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.
  • Restart your computer (very important).
  • Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe
  • It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).
  • After the computer restarts, Temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent. There is no need to buy a new license. An MBAM license lasts for a lifetime.
    Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
    Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray. Now check or setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

If none of this solves the problem, please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here. A malware removal expert will then advise you on how to proceed.