Two Operating Systems

Hi all,

I am running two operating systems on two hard drives.C,D,

One is xp and the other is win7.

Now the problem,

On the drive running xp i got the security center virus :)

This was the main C drive.On trying to run malwarebytes on this drive it was not letting the program start up.I tried everything to get it to start no joy.

The D drive with win 7 on it was not showing any other drives installed on the system this may of been my own fault as i wanted it to think it was the main drive on install.

Anyway I reversed the drives and in win 7,the drive with xp now D drive is showing up.

When i right click the drive and scan it with malwarebytes it is finding nothing (no threats.or objects infected).

I know in the past i have used malwarebytes to remove this security center virus with no problems.

Malwarebytes is up to date from today and finding nothing.

Any Ideas With What Might Be Wrong

Hello sliproad and Welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Your main drive is W7 and you slaved the XP drive is that correct.

Did you try running the Full scan with the D drive checked only (C drive unckecked )

Thanks For your welcome.

Yes i have slaved the drive with xp and i have scanned that drive only.Also i have scanned all drives on the pc.

The strange thing is that it is 100% infected and its not finding anything on the scan.

I have used the scan toll loads of times before and it finds the infected files no problem.

Its a strange one and i am not sure what to do next ?

Hello sliproad, and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Strange indeed that it is not finding something on that spare drive, although it has been said that the prefered method is to run it on the drive that is infected when booted from that drive.

What you may have to do is to hook that infected drive back up as the main drive, (leave the win7 drive out as to not infect it).

Then follow the below instructions:

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Hello sliproad, and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Strange indeed that it is not finding something on that spare drive, although it has been said that the prefered method is to run it on the drive that is infected when booted from that drive.

What you may have to do is to hook that infected drive back up as the main drive, (leave the win7 drive out as to not infect it).

Then follow the below instructions:

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Thanks Firefox,

I got the problem solved.

I ran the scanner again from win 7 and it found 4 infected files.

I then rebooted to xp and downloaded malwarebytes again and it ran finding 18 infected files.

Everything is working fine now....

Thanks a million lads