error code 732 (12002, 0)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please download TCPView from Microsoft at the following link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb897437.aspx

This utility will monitor everything that is accessing the Internet or your local network. All you have to do is run TCPView, and then run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and start the update. Watch TCPView to see if mbam.exe shows up in the list. It will be pretty obvious, because it highlights it in green.

I need to know what "Remote Address" Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is trying to connect to. Once it shows up in the list, you can right-click on the line for mbam.exe, and select 'Copy' in order to paste it into a reply. It will tell me what I need to know. Below is an example of what the line you are looking for will look like:

mbam.exe:3656	TCP	vista-x64:52135	cdn-208-111-168-7.ord.llnw.net:http	ESTABLISHED

Based on that line, then Internet Explorer is set to use a proxy. This is probably why it is failing to update.

Here is a link to instructions from Duke University on turning off the proxy setting in Internet Explorer. Let me know if that helps.

Thing is, I did what the link said but there isn't any info (it's not checked) where it says "Proxy Server". Sorry about this, I don't know what it could be.

I was hoping that is was going to work but it didn't, and I made sure that there was a space... I don't think we are going to find the problem. I mean, everything else on the computer is doing fine, I have good speed, 2 or 3 and sometimes 4 kbps... So, I should be able to update

... I don't think we are going to find the problem. ...

It does seem that way, and I am running out of ideas of things to check. I cannot explain why Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware seems to be trying to use a proxy, as it doesn't look like proxy settings are configured on your computer. It's possible that they are set up for the computer's network connection, even though it is not connected to anything, and for some reason Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is drawing them from there when it should not be.

The last thing I can think to check is the proxy settings for the LAN. You've been there before, in Internet Explorer, when we asked you to follow these instructions. If you want to, open up the LAN settings again and make sure that the check box named Use a proxy server for your LAN does not have a check mark in the box. If there is no check mark in that box, then it is set up properly, and it should not be the issue.

Other than that, I am out of ideas.

Hello GT500,

That's not it either,just like the dial-up settings, there's not a check mark in the "Proxy Server" setting. Well, thank you for all the help GT500 and noknojon... I'll just look for updates to MBAM every now and then. :-) Until next time, good buy and thx again

Hi Rhineus -

I have traced some of the outages from Your ISP, which is now a 3rd party carrier, to the fact that your ISP loads via another carrier nearby,

on the state boarder - Your ISP needs to have full contact with the other carrier at all times but they have had a few dropouts -

You are almost able to get Broadband (soon) and if this option comes up I would take it if I was you -

Only a few dollars more each month and no phone costs each time you log on and keeps the line open - So the cost would balance out -

The iRiS network is actually your main provider , with loretto.net as a 3rd party carrier -

Again Thank you for your time - :)

EDIT -

If you come back and read this , please try to update in Safe Mode With Networking - Tapping F8 as you restart your computer then selecting the item -

Hi Rhineus -

I have traced some of the outages from Your ISP which is now a 3rd party carrier, to the fact that your ISP loads via another carrier nearby,

on the state boarder - Your ISP needs to have full contact with the other carrier at all times but they have had a few dropouts -

You are almost able to get Broadband (soon) and if this option comes up I would take it if I was you -

Only a few dollars more each month and no phone costs each time you log on - So the cost would balance out -

The iRiS network is actually your main provider , with loretto.net as a 3rd party carrier -

Again Thank you for your time - :)

EDIT -

If you come back and read this , please try to update in Safe Mode With Networking - Tapping F8 as you restart your computer then selecting the item -

I did some research and I found a program, called Auslogics BoostSpeed (the trial version) because it couldn't hurt, right? and they had a program called "Auslogics Internet Optimizer" so I ran that and restarted and tried to run MBAM again, and it worked. :) So, now, I'm able to update MBAM. I was beginning to think that was all we can do... lol Yea, I thought maybe next year (2010) I would get DSL... It's way more reliable. But thank you for all the help you've giving me and GT500. :-)

That is great - We are very happy that it is working better now - :)

If you are only on the trial version (don't remember how long the trial lasts) use it as much as you are allowed -

We try to stay away from asking people to purchase outside programs (as many don't work too well) and we offer free advice only -

Current update will be about version 3380 (just for your info) and it is about 3 versions every 2 days (on average) -

Thank you for calling back - :)

Probably was just a simple settings in the registry somewhere. There's so many of them that only people who study the networking settings in the registry, so that they can make network optimizers, actually study them. The only ones I know are the ones that let me reduce latency on my DSL connection, and I never actually memorized them.

Hi mate -

I now remember this from when I had dialup - It was part of a free pack to install and increase speed -

My ISP back then offered it as a Free utility to use as quite a few of us were split between D/up and B/band -

Use it as much as you can and also look into your ISPs' information as they may have a built in accellerator -

It will be similar but it should be designed for your conditions there -

Best of luck - :)

EDIT -

Just went to my provider now and they do not seem to have the service listed at the moment - I will check another provider now -

I found another one but unless I join up I cannot get access to it -