browsers

T.Durden

Hi again -

You could have continued in the other thread as it was not a rambling of posts - But ....

Most would say F/Fox is a bit better because it is not targeted as much as Internet Explorer - You will also get 1 or 2 saying Opera is better -

There are many browsers used on this forum, but if you like I.E. stay with it and install F/Fox as an extra (I have)- ;)

I added another list of uninstallers at your other post - Also check Add/Remove in control panel if it is listed there -

@noknojon

diffeent topic so i figured i'd start another threat lol.Its not that I like it,its what im used to.never heard of opera though.I think its just re learning a new browser that bothers me.after downloading,say firefox,do i replace that as my default in the internet setting in the control panel?and what happens to all my IE updates etc..?and like i said,would the security features interfere with my AV program i have installed?I know firefox has some of its own

No problem - ;)

They both just sit there and you select the one you want - I leave F/Fox sitting there and run it every week or so - That way you still get updates from them -

The same with I.E. - You get regular updates from M/Soft (if you have updates ticked) via this - You tend to set one as default browser and others as 'extras' -

If you Google :( them you will find about 8 or 10 browsers available - I have used 4 or 5 so far

T.Durden

I can tell you for a FACT that AVG and Avira anti-viruses work with Firefox. (I've seen them work on both :() and I am sure that other anti-viruses work with them too :) MBAM does too - I have the paid version and I have gotten IP blocks on a few sites - so I know its working :(

If you want to download Firefox, I'll give you the official link :)

But please, before making any changes to your system (including browser changes unless your helper advises you to)

Please follow what I said in my other reply to you on the other thread.

Thank you :)

I've only used IE and Firefox, so I can't vouch for other browsers, but most likely they work with them too, let's see if anyone else has anything to say about that.

@ T Durden

Glad you have an AV (anti-virus)

I wouldn't remove Malwarebytes if I were you :(

It's a wonderful program, and it gets the nasties that AV's either miss or are unable to fully remove. It's always free, no limitations, for updates, scanning, and removal. Payment is only required for realtime protection, automatic updates, scanning schedules.

But if you want to, remove it via control panel FIRST.

Restart your computer.

Download mbam clean here. Run it.

Restart your computer! (it will ask).

Mbam will be gone.

google chrome is the best broswer no questions asked :( just try it

You can also add ORCA / Safari and several others that I have used in the past year -

I still set I. E. as my default and can use any other if I feel like a change - I never kept Chrome for too long as it was not 'personally' suitable even though it was very good for the time I used it -

I have found , look around and try then decide after using a few - Add Firefox for a while (it is free) and see how you like it then make your decision -

Regarding Google in general,

see here (post by Exile)

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=116077

If you want to use Google Chrome,

please see here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...ost&p=33145

And here to actually download Iron:

http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_download.php

:(

• 3 weeks later...

Gooday mate:

this is a matter of choice. First ask yourself: what do I want; what do I need; who I trust more.

However, let's see some facts:

There is no best web-browser; all have failures, security holes and imperfections. Their performance depend of the user behavior; so if you check text emails and read the newspapers then the chance to get infected is minimal; but if you browse and download from warez sites then you are in high risk to get infected.

Open source browsers: it means millions of people around the world can work and improve that software. Examples: Firefox, Chrome, SRWare Iron.

Closed source browsers: its development is limited to people who work in those projects. Example: IE, Opera, Safari

-Opera is the fastest; it's the pioneer implementing tabs, widgets, accelerators, search built-in field.

-Firefox is the most customizable browser, you can tweak it according your taste and expectations, even making it faster; it consumes more resources than other browsers.

-IE is the OS browser, its strength is based in years of experience of "success and failure"

-Chrome: fast and lightweight, but its engine features the same characteristics of Vundo virus. it traces your behavior.

SRW Iron: same as Chrome without the privacy issues.

-Safari: fast and robust; few or not customization options; it will try to download and install itunes and quicktime that are annoyances.

I have tried them all exploring its features as much as I can; and my assessment and experience is:

Firefox: Is my default browser, I have installed plenty of add-ons that suit my needs. I tweaked it to make it faster with this tutorial: http://raah.wordpress.com/2008/01/02/speed-up-your-firefox/

Opera: is my second option; I have installed WOT and AdBlockPlus to make it better. Sometimes I have problems logging in and downloading from some sites.

SRWare Iron: is my third option; fast, lightweight; pleasant experience browsing; I installed AdBlockPlus to make it faster.

IE8: I only use it for Windows Update when I want to do it manually or to download MS software that requires WGA. The times I have been infected sadly I was using IE. now is safer and faster but I don't trust them.

Chrome: I uninstalled it. I don't like to be traced.

Safari: I uninstalled it. Four browsers are more that enough and I support MP3 and I don't like monopolies

That's my experience and opinion about web browsers. What do you choose? it's up to you ! try them all and make a decision yourself.

General Advise: Use Sandboxie

that's it