Install failed

I've got the Trojan SPM/LX and a message that says I have the worm.win32.netsky and the winupdate86 that auto loads that I think keeps me from openning my task manager.

Will this keep Malwarebytes from installing? If not, any ideas why it didn't install correctly?

@ Niche

Welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org :)

I'm confused here - do you mean to say that Malwarebytes failed to install, or just that your Task Manager is not working correctly?

This problem may keep Malwarebytes from installing. Only way to find it is to try installing it. If it does fail, try renaming it to niche.com or niche.exe (right before downloading a fresh copy) :)

If that doesn't help, see if one of the topics here might help:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=52

Either way, you should read and do the following:

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

Also, as a side note when replying please use the "add reply" button at the bottom of the page or erase what the person you are replying to said, as this makes the forum easier to read.

Thank you :)

what do you mean by: "renaming it to niche.com or niche.exe (right before downloading a fresh copy)"?

can I just rename the mbam-setup, that I've already downloaded, to niche.exe and then run niche.exe?

Also, do i need to uninstall? there are no options from all programs > malwarebytes..., but there's an aplication file in the malwarebytes' anti-malware directory called unis000.

Thanks.

• Root Admin

Hello Niche, and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

If MBAM won't install then you probably do have some type of infection and we don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Thank you.

Niche,

Sure, rename the setup if you'd like.

What I meant by a fresh copy was, download it again, but before you download it, change the name that its downloading as before you download it. So when it asks you if you want to download it, it will proabably ask you if you want to save it or just download it or cancel, choose "save" and then it will show you where you are downloading it to, and you can change the name at that time. So instead of mbam-setup.exe change it to niche.com or niche.exe

See if that works.

As for uninstalling, do it via the control panel :(

Either way, please do as AdvancedSetup and I have advised and post in the forum in the second link.

Thank you ;)